View weapon when launched

MrReynolds

Hi all.

Clear user error here, but let's see. I have had this before, but fixed it.

I think I've got a joystick conflict as when I release a weapon the view goes straight to weapon track, and the camera flies with it.

I didn't get this problem until I started getting into the A10 again, but it's migrated over to the FA18 configuration also.

Any ideas what I must be toggling on? Is there a setting or a particular view I need to reset?

The weapon release is only set to joystick button 2 and when I re-program it there isn't any sign of a conflict.

TIA, me. :thumbup:

There are general keyboard mappings too which affect every module. A check there may show something also. Perhaps try to remove the offending HOTAS and see what happens. Another idea I have would be to export your config and review it in notepad. That will show exactly what is conflicting.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I remembered reading about the same problem in the Heatblur Tomcat section:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...6-missile-view

The last post in the thread mentions "RCtrl - Num+", but there's no reply, if it solved the problem.

Hope it helps!

It's probably exactly that. It's under View Extended and called "Toggle tracking fire weapon". This will immediately switch to Ctrl + F6 view when you shoot something and with that switched on, you can even use it to follow your gun rounds with the F6 views can't do. Pretty sick feature for videos if you ask me and it's been there since Lock On at least, but it's everything else than widely known. Check the info bar in outside views to see if it's on ATM, shown by a "+" just preceding the F# label there.

It "fixes itself" by simply loading another mission as such things reset on every load if you didn't know how to switch it and accidently turned it on.

dcs-weapons-track.thumb.jpg.2febec440e1400568b08c2a235b8dda4.jpg

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg