[FIXED] WEP Non Functional

Strong05

WEP won't work on custom maps made before the update that added WEP functionality. Solution is to delete the P-47 asset and add new ones, or possible a save as (I did both so not sure which resolved). Copy and pasting old assets will not resolve.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Hi, I have the same problemes with P47 WEP. I noticed that the problem appears if I put some negatives G to the plane. If the WEP is running, I push the joystick, WEP stop running. If I pull back the joystick, WEP sometimes comes back. But very often, it doesn't come back. And if if you put negatives G without using the WEP, it is the same problem, the next time you will try to start WEP, it will not operate... Is it a known bug ? Or a realistic particularity ?? Thanks for help

So my issue isn’t resolved. I flew for roughly 45 minutes testing out the water system with and without the detent being used. Went just fine. I had a rough landing and damaged a strut so I shut down and repaired. When I started back up and took off, it didn’t function anymore

I have experienced this, since WEP was introduced. On DM server, and with this latest OB. At first I thought it was me, researched etc. As near as I can tell, like this thread, it is intermittent even with no damage.

As long as I engage, and lock, it will run for a good (approximately) 15 minutes. But if I engage it without lock, a couple of times of differing duration, it will cease to function after two uses. Any WEP button depress after two uses will yield nothing. This happens in SP (todays OB), and on the DM servers this last weekend.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I have experienced this, since WEP was introduced. On DM server, and with this latest OB. At first I thought it was me, researched etc. As near as I can tell, like this thread, it is intermittent even with no damage.

As long as I engage, and lock, it will run for a good (approximately) 15 minutes. But if I engage it without lock, a couple of times of differing duration, it will cease to function after two uses. Any WEP button depress after two uses will yield nothing. This happens in SP (todays OB), and on the DM servers this last weekend.

My experience is similar to this. Leaving it on make it last longer but is the intermittent use that triggers it to stop working.

• Like 1

If you dive (negatives G) when the WEP is loocked, it will be disengaged as well...

True, but only momentarily. Once you return to a neutral vector, or even with positive G's, function returns. Maybe that is what you meant, if so, apologies.

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Yes it can sometimes work again with Positive G (like i said in my first message), but you can test, the more often, the WEP never come back. Make a few dives or dogfight maneuvers (without using WEP, or with WEP), et after all theses maneuvers (or a long NAV as well), if you try to use WEP, it will be unfunctionnal. I really would like to understand if there is a logic ou realistic reason, or if it is juste another DCS Bug, this module is not finished... I am surprised to see that a very few people are talking about this probleme, which is a big handicap for the Jug in combat. Thank you for your answer SmirkingGerbil.

• Like 1

Yes it can sometimes work again with Positive G (like i said in my first message), but you can test, the more often, the WEP never come back. Make a few dives or dogfight maneuvers (without using WEP, or with WEP), et after all theses maneuvers (or a long NAV as well), if you try to use WEP, it will be unfunctionnal. I really would like to understand if there is a logic ou realistic reason, or if it is juste another DCS Bug, this module is not finished... I am surprised to see that a very few people are talking about this probleme, which is a big handicap for the Jug in combat. Thank you for your answer SmirkingGerbil.

I have tested WEP on my side and I con confirm the same behavior. If I fly level flight or positive G I can activate it as many times as I like but once going to negative G it will completely lock out and no mater you do will never turn back. Most likely a bug that should be addressed.

Now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I will certainly try some repeated negative G maneuvers and see if it will stop functioning - similar to activating more than a couple times with WEP button.

Schwarzy said:
Ok thank you, and let us know if you meet the same problems 🙂

Well, latest OB, not a single one! The most reliable run of WEP I have had . . . running latest OB, over Syria, -30

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
updated for wysiwyg you tube link

Tried Syria map and after frequent WEP triggering 3 or 4 times nada. It stops. By the way video is 11:43 min so it should be still available for 5 minutes. Don't know if WEP was reliable system in real life situation.

Yes, I was surprised. I have had the 2 or 3 trigger failure also. At least now we know it isn't the map. I punched WEP several times there at the end, and it worked fine up till about the 10 min mark. So valid point - Did I have another 5 mins? Was my usage of it only good for 10 mins or so? Should I have gotten a solid 15?

Don't have those answers, but for 10+ mins, it worked fine either locked, or multiple presses. Unfortunately, no real insight.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, Invader said:

I have tested WEP on my side and I con confirm the same behavior. If I fly level flight or positive G I can activate it as many times as I like but once going to negative G it will completely lock out and no mater you do will never turn back. Most likely a bug that should be addressed.

Same thing for me.

One more thing. You can pull negative G before first usage of WEP and it will work.

But when you use WEP and then pull negative Gs it will stop working and won't work again.

Cheers.

• ED Team

Hi all,

does anyone have a short as possible track replay showing the issue?

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

does anyone have a short as possible track replay showing the issue?

thank you

There you go.

First test:

WEP using water injection button (no lock). As soon as I pull negative Gs the water stops flowing and doesn't start.

P-47 WEP test_negative G_water inj button.trk

Second test:

WEP using button lock. Water injection stops for the duration of negative G but then turns on when you return to positive Gs.

P-47 WEP test_normal operation_negative G_water inj lock.trk

This is mostly an issue with the early P-47D-30 as it has no water injection lock.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • NineLine changed the title to [FIXED] WEP Non Functional