Vaicom/Voiceattack with Logitech X52

Khamul

Hello all, I'm pretty new with VAICOM/Voiceattack, I had a google search but without results. This is my issue: I mapped the MIC aft, fwd, down and up on my POV 2, selecting in the Joy option 4 switches in the voiceattack menu, and this is working good, once I use it as a mic works like a charm. The problem is that on POV2 I've had also mapped, with modifier, the coolie switch and when I press it, coolie is working along with the MIC, which is not good at all. DCS recognize the different commands (POV2 as Mic, POV2+Modifier as Coolie), voiceattack doesn't. Do you have any suggestion to solve, please?

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

@MAXsenna gives good advice. I have just tried setting a modifier on my TX1 to move the view down and it only changes view if I press the modifier before the TX key (VAICOM still fires because the TX key is pressed).

If your problem is that you do not want Vaicom to work when you hold the modifier down then you will need to do either of the following from the Voiceattack Edit a Command screen for each TX:

A. Click on the ... button to the right of When I press button and check Shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down, or

B. Modify the When this command executes, do the following sequence: code to exit the command before invoking Vaicom

Option A is easier but B allows you to do more complex things (such as have 2 modifiers held down). Both work on my setup but you still get a squelch sound when you release the coolie

For option B the following is code I have just put in to exit the command if the CTRL key is pressed (the last line is the code that was already present to make Vaicom work)

Begin Device State Check : Keyboard Key 'Ctrl' Is Pressed

Exit Command

End Condition

Execute external plugin, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'

To edit the command for option 2 do the following:

Double-click on the Transmit TX1 press command (as you did to set the HOTAS command).

1. Click on the Other > button, select Advanced > Begin a Conditional (If Statement) Block > Single Condition. In the box that appears select the Device State tab and then select the Device you want (e.g. Keyboard Key) and then the modifier key you are using in the list below. Click on OK

2. If not already highlighted, click on the line starting Begin Device State to highlight it and then click on the Other > button. Select Advanced > Exit Command to add this line

3. Highlight the top line (starting Execute external plugin) and press the Down button to move this to the bottom (line below End Condition)

4. Click on OK

5. repeat steps 1 to 4 for each Transmit TX press command

As said above, A is definitely the simpler solution but B can be very powerful if you understand some basic logic principles.

Hope the above helps - either post again here or PM me if you need further help or this doesn't solve your problem:thumbup:

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks guys, you made my day (night actually) for very fast option I've used the A, tomorrow I will deep dive the B, seems very interesting!! You are sooooo kind!! Thanks again!

• Like 1

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

Thanks guys, you made my day (night actually) for very fast option I've used the A, tomorrow I will deep dive the B, seems very interesting!! You are sooooo kind!! Thanks again!
It was our pleasure. I will carry on looking to see if I can work out how to stop the squelch on release

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal