VAICOM on Supercarrier keeps reverting to Krymsk for comms

anfieldroad

I don't know what the heck is up with my VAICOM but recently it changed its behaviour.

Previously supercarrier comms were working fine but in the last couple of days it has started sending messages to Krymsk instead of the carrier.

I've been using the F-14B Instant Action Caucasus Carrier Quals mission with realistic radio comms. By default in this mission the radio is set to 225.000MHz, TACAN to 74X and ICLS to channel 1 which is all correct.

I say "Washington, Inbound" and according to VoiceAttack it recognised this:

TX1 | VHF AM: [ CVN-73 George Washington ] , [ Inbound ]

Yet the comms in game say "Krymsk, inbound".

What could be wrong?

I don't know what the heck is up with my VAICOM but recently it changed its behaviour.

Previously supercarrier comms were working fine but in the last couple of days it has started sending messages to Krymsk instead of the carrier.

I've been using the F-14B Instant Action Caucasus Carrier Quals mission with realistic radio comms. By default in this mission the radio is set to 225.000MHz, TACAN to 74X and ICLS to channel 1 which is all correct.

I say "Washington, Inbound" and according to VoiceAttack it recognised this:

TX1 | VHF AM: [ CVN-73 George Washington ] , [ Inbound ]

Yet the comms in game say "Krymsk, inbound".

What could be wrong?

Does it respond correctly if you use the Vaicom Options command followed by 'Take ' to use the DCS comms menu? Will try the mission after work today

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

There are two radios - TX1 is showing the ARC-182 and TX2 is the ARC-159 in my VAICOM config once I am in mission. It is the second of these that is tuned to the George Washington, while the other is tuned to 124Mhz which is the frequency for Krymsk ATC. I would guess you have therefore used TX1 instead of TX2. I haven't flown the F-14 recently so can't remember if these used to come up the other way

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

There are two radios - TX1 is showing the ARC-182 and TX2 is the ARC-159 in my VAICOM config once I am in mission. It is the second of these that is tuned to the George Washington, while the other is tuned to 124Mhz which is the frequency for Krymsk ATC. I would guess you have therefore used TX1 instead of TX2. I haven't flown the F-14 recently so can't remember if these used to come up the other way

I think you may be right. Strange though because it was working before and I didn't change my mappings. Anyway I edited my mappings now and will re-test.

I think you may be right. Strange though because it was working before and I didn't change my mappings. Anyway I edited my mappings now and will re-test.

I think the order of the radios might have flipped in the DCS model - have reached out to @Hollywood_315 to see if he can confirm

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Another thing you can try, is to make the call not "Washington, inbound", but "Washington, marking moms". If the Washington and the Krymsk freq is the same this definitely will solve the issue as Krymsk will not understand 'marking moms' but Washington will. I am not a great expert on how this works, but as soon as I started to use 'marking moms' the similar issues ceased to exist.

But if really the radio-tx pairs were changed in the Tomcat model, this will not be the solution. 🙂

Stag