F14 ICS and PTT

Habu-z

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm having trouble with the intercom in the f14.

If I enable hot mic on the intercom it also transmits all other radio comms (non airio) without needing PTT. I thought this was only supposed to work for Jester and you still needed to PTT for all other comms?

If I go to cold mic then everything works fine. Also, other aircraft are all working as they should.

What am I missing or am I just not understanding how this should be working?

You're right that radio communications require PTT even when ICS hotmic is switched on.

You may need to cycle PTT once at the start at the mission, the ICS hotmic mode is now set with the in-cockpit switch since latest plugin update.

If this behavior is persistent we may need to review, normally you would see something like a ' Use Active TX Node' message.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I tried cycling the PTT but it didn't make a difference to the ics problem.

So to recreate this I start a new mission sitting on the runway in the F14. The ICS switch is on hot mic by default. I can talk to Jester without a problem. If I then saying something like "Request Departure" it broadcasts hot mic to atc without holding down the PTT and I get cleared for takeoff. If I then select ICS to cold everything functions as it should and I get 'Use Active TX Node' as expected.

I've messed around with cycling the ics button up and down and the ptt but the above remains consistent.

I have just tried an instant mission in the F-14 and can confirm that I am seeing the same behaviour with the ICS switch.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm having an issue which might be related, regardless of hot mic on/off in the Cat pit the VA mic is hot all the time with no PTT, all other planes I have, the mic is only hot in VA when I use the PTT as it should be.

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

To follow up on this a bit... Over the last few days I've had the same issue mostly continue.

One thing to note is that rarely the ICS and PTT reverts back to how it should function (ie I can't make radio calls over the hot mic without PTT) but as soon as I press PTT to make the call it reverts back to the behaviour noted above.

Everything else seems to be working pretty good in the f14.

I had problems with the F-14 ICS cold mic/hot mic switch, too. I had to dedicate a separate switch for the in-game ICS while still keeping my previous TX5 PTT input mapping to get the animation of the in-game ICS cold/hot mic switch to behave correctly and be able to talk to Jester and the ground crew. But, as others have stated, using the in-game ICS Hot Mic position allows communication with other systems (TX1/TX2).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]