DCS open beta high-end pc low fps (around 30) even on freeeflight mission please help

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if somebody could help me optimize DCS. I run DCS world open beta, typically playing F/A-18 on big multiplayer missions.

My PC is Intel Core i9-10900k @3.7GHz, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX1080, 8GB VRAM and Samsung SSD disk. I play on big samsung monitor resolution C49HG9x with 3840x1080 and second monitor ACER T231H to display intruments.

The only mods I use is Track IR, DCS Bios, Hellios and SRS radio. Even on freeflight mission my framerate is around 30 fps same as heavy missions. When I pause the game the frame rate is around 60 fps. I am not saying that 30 fps is not playable, but it the frame rate sometime drops in multiplayer missions. The graphic setting does not have much impact on FPS.

The stable version run around 60 fps with no mods/plugins.

From what I read here I have seen here on forums the guys are running higher fps on lower end machines.

So anybody would kind enough and help me optimize DCS to increase performance especially on heavy multiplayer missions?

Thank you guys.

Marek

The optimization guide is still very relevant and the link to the 4k guide is there at the top: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...guide?t=201600

Your main bottleneck is likely your GTX1080. You are trying to pack a lot of graphics into that card with those displays. Why are you running 3840x1080 and not 3840x2160? This is the native 4k for my monitor. Be sure NOT to select "Use Nvidia Settings" under "Adjust desktop color settings" in the NCP. Leave it as "Other applications control color settings". This will make sure you don't use Nvidia gamma which is heavy and not very nice looking. You also want to use vsync in the NCP, not DCS Settings.

My performance took a hit at this last update as well, but I'm in VR. 9600k @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2080 Ti, Rift S. Always had smooth performance, but it's real choppy in flight now and takes a while to load the game and aircraft slot. Always been able to run most settings on High, but have tried dropping them down here and there to find a solution and nothing seems to be working at the moment.

Edit: Should have added this was low altitude on NTTR.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The optimization guide is still very relevant and the link to the 4k guide is there at the top: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...guide?t=201600

Your main bottleneck is likely your GTX1080. You are trying to pack a lot of graphics into that card with those displays. Why are you running 3840x1080 and not 3840x2160? This is the native 4k for my monitor. Be sure NOT to select "Use Nvidia Settings" under "Adjust desktop color settings" in the NCP. Leave it as "Other applications control color settings". This will make sure you don't use Nvidia gamma which is heavy and not very nice looking. You also want to use vsync in the NCP, not DCS Settings.

3480x1080 is native for my monitor is https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/

the strange thing is than stable version is running twice as fast and changing graphics options to lower will not increase performance. I am gonna go try some of your tips.

I was about to suggest you to disable HELIOS, because it also can lower FPS.

Can you attach your "C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua" file? We'll see what's in there. Unless DCS-BIOS doesn't use this file? I don't know much about how it works.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I was about to suggest you to disable HELIOS, because it also can lower FPS.

Can you attach your "C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua" file? We'll see what's in there. Unless DCS-BIOS doesn't use this file? I don't know much about how it works.

Flappie, I attach my export lua and also BIOS lua.

Export.lua

BIOS.lua

BIOSConfig.lua

FA-18C_hornet.lua

I've compared your files with the "official" repo:

• BIOSConfig.lua is OK (files are identical),
  • BIOS.lua is OK (the repo has a little bit more aircraft in it, but the Hornet line is identical),
  • FA-18C_hornet.lua has changed a lot since you installed it.
  • Your declaration of DCS-BIOS in your Export.lua is way different than the one from the repo, which is very simple.

Since DCS-BIOS causes performance issues on your PC, I suggest you:

1. Backup your custom DCS-BIOS config files if you have any,
  2. Uninstall DCS-BIOS completely and manually purge your DCS scripts of it,
  3. Reinstall the newest version of DCS-BIOS from the repo.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've run into some weird performance gain, please check it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/game-performance-ac/7148299-dcs-big-fps-increase-vsync-off-ingame-vsync-fast-in-nvidia-ctrl-panel

See if you can replicate the settings and report on your results. Cheers!

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

• 1 year later...