Best Canyon Run

treasure

Hi Guys,

hope someone can point me in the right direction. looking for the best canyon run in DCS. after 1 not loaded with anti aircraft hardware, just so i can focus on fine tuning my joystick. i am new to dcs so if you are able to mention what map/airport to take off from and the heading to get there, that would be awesome.

TIA

Off the top of my head, NTTR map, T.O. Nellis, head east over Lake Mead and look for Hoover Dam. The canyon immediately beyond the dam is a fun bit of flying, use the dam as the entry point, follow the river until the terrain opens out and gets flatter, then loop back up the river to the dam and exit.

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Off the top of my head, NTTR map, T.O. Nellis, head east over Lake Mead and look for Hoover Dam. The canyon immediately beyond the dam is a fun bit of flying, use the dam as the entry point, follow the river until the terrain opens out and gets flatter, then loop back up the river to the dam and exit.

thx Gary,

i just bought that map

Caucasus map is the best for this. The valleys in the mountains are great for cruising. Syria has some lovely elevations to check out as well, but my vote goes to Caucasus for canyon booming.

thx Glide,

ill cruise around there and see if i can find a good run

thx Gary,

i just bought that map

Whatever location you fly, you will find canyons etc that will make you think “that would be pretty sweet at under 200FT and about 450KTS”.

Keep looking bud, I don’t yet have Syria, but from what I’ve seen - it has some really interesting terrain topography.

Caucasus too, many, many ravines along the main mountain chain which are quite enticing.

Wherever you go, and in whatever - enjoy.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Originally posted by garyscott View Post

thx Gary,

i just bought that map

Don't forget to fly under the bridge just below the dam!

• Like 1

Originally posted by garyscott View Post

thx Gary,

i just bought that map

Don't forget to fly under the bridge just below the dam!

The ONLY way to enter and exit the run . . .