A humble opinion how should DSC WWII scene develop in future years

tapi

Considering the speed at which DCS WW2 is being developed I would concentrate on complementing the current set of aircraft which is later 1944 to 1945. We should get a 1945 map a flyable medium bomber for allies and axis. 

Considering the F4U corsair and the Marianas free map are already in development I think the next focus should be on Japanese aircraft for the pacific theatre. Especially when we already have some allied aircraft that were used in the Pacific. The P47D and P51D. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Snapage said:

Considering the speed at which DCS WW2 is being developed I would concentrate on complementing the current set of aircraft which is later 1944 to 1945. We should get a 1945 map a flyable medium bomber for allies and axis. 

Considering the F4U corsair and the Marianas free map are already in development I think the next focus should be on Japanese aircraft for the pacific theatre. Especially when we already have some allied aircraft that were used in the Pacific. The P47D and P51D. 

Could not agree more.

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, greiffer said:

We need the US Navy's F6F, F4F, SBD, and TBF also. Everything will come with patience. How about the P38....the need is palpable!

Nice birds, I love them too. But honestly, what would you plan to do with them in the sim? Without Japs we could only make nice airshows... but sadly no combat at all 😉 If we are lucky, they give us Zero but I am seriously in doubt that we will see any other jap planes... So at best a little bit uneven planeset...

Edited by tapi
  • Like 1

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Well, due to very small DCS WWII community, most servers will probably allow all available planes to fly together anyway...

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Agree with the above. A few more aircraft would make the current planeset complete. 
- Tempest/ Typhoon

- Me-262

- flyable medium bombers such as the B-25 and a Ju-88. 
+ hey, I think whoever endeavoured to make a flyable B-17 would hit the jackpot

+ maybe another map with the Ardennea and NW Germany

then I’d love to see the Pacific. We have the P-47 and the P51 already, AI B-17s, the Corsair is coming, the Marianas map is coming. A few more US attack planes, even if just AI, a flyable Zero and ai Vals and Kates...there has not been a proper ww2 PTO sim in a really long time. DCS could fill this void. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 2

Questions of which modules develop seem imo to fall behind the simpler deficiencies of AI planes, AI behaviour and tweaks to the periods on the maps we have and the ones in the future.

The last list of the Asset packs contents falls quite short, its not rounded enough on both sides - its not just what you fly, but what you fight.

As long as the list of opponents is small, the periods are tight and the AI does predictable behaviour, we are stuck asking for more depth of modules and can only fly them in the case of Normandy, between 3 months of a year or in the case of the Channel, specifically late war post Manston paved and so on...
It's restricting. Whilst modern air combat was this companies bread and butter, the WW2 community are much more demanding with their accuracy and keep ED to account on facts quite fastidiously. I'd rather focus time on getting the bedrock in, the ability to produce module variants faster, more AI bombers, ships, technology...

You just know all the clamour of a far east conflict and Pacific era will produce other standalone modules lost in time and space as ED tries to please everyone and the inevitable happens.

• Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

All warbirds. assets and improvements are welcome, but first, humbly i ask for K4 and Dora spinner to work as intended. Next every new stuff much apreciated.

Hi all from a new player, learning a lot reading in this forum.

happy flights.

• Like 1

Since we already have a Channel map, it would be nice to have all the aircraft to do Battle of Britain scenarios. Right now we could get away with just adding AI 111s or 88s so we've got something to shoot at in single player missions.

Edited by Jason210
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, Reflected said:

Agree with the above. A few more aircraft would make the current planeset complete. 
- Tempest/ Typhoon

- Me-262

- flyable medium bombers such as the B-25 and a Ju-88. 
+ hey, I think whoever endeavoured to make a flyable B-17 would hit the jackpot

+ maybe another map with the Ardennea and NW Germany

then I’d love to see the Pacific. We have the P-47 and the P51 already, AI B-17s, the Corsair is coming, the Marianas map is coming. A few more US attack planes, even if just AI, a flyable Zero and ai Vals and Kates...there has not been a proper ww2 PTO sim in a really long time. DCS could fill this void. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Much as I’d love to fly a DCS B17 or Lancaster they would be a massive project. Each crew station is almost like a mini cockpit, and DCS isn’t like FS, you can’t get away with only modelling the cockpit, you’d need every crew station and damage modelling. The crew stations in the B17 mean you would have to model the whole interior, no way out. I’m sure   ED are eternally relieved that the initial DCS WW2 Kickstarter didn’t cross the threshold for the B17...

I can see the Douglas A20 being much more viable. It has a small cockpit like a single seater and it’s suitable for the small maps we have. It’s a very overlooked aircraft that was used in all WW2 theatres, including the eastern front. There are flying examples also.

• Like 1

Didn't ED say some time ago, that they won't make multiplayer modules with more than 2 crew positions? That would negate a B-17 or any other bigger bomber. Even an A-20 has 3 (4?) positions. 🤔

(on the other hand, an UH-1 has 2 pilots and 2 door gunners...)

Edited by felixx75

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 1:49 AM, felixx75 said:

Didn't ED say some time ago, that they won't make multiplayer modules with more than 2 crew positions? That would negate a B-17 or any other bigger bomber. Even an A-20 has 3 (4?) positions. 🤔

(on the other hand, an UH-1 has 2 pilots and 2 door gunners...)

I think the mosquito is supposed to be multicrew? I could be wrong. They are also doing the Mi-24 which surely would be multicrew?

1 hour ago, Snapage said:

I think the mosquito is supposed to be multicrew? I could be wrong. They are also doing the Mi-24 which surely would be multicrew?

Read again, I said multicrew with more than 2 crew positions 😉 

But I could imagine, that they will change this at some point.

Edited by felixx75

20 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Was hoping we’d start to get some snippets on the Mossie rework... 

Q2 is ticking by

+1 Totally agree.

Even if they gave us an insight into the tech involved in the re-work of the external model, that would be great. Just hearing nothing at all is tough. If the Mosquito is still their next planned release, then even a little bit of news or a quick update would be nice...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

I think there is enough fighters and fighter bombers, what is missing are flyable B25 and Ju88 (a17 torpedo bomber)!

The Ju88 has a crew of 4 and the B25 has a crew of 6... So theses planes won't happen in the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, felixx75 said:

The Ju88 has a crew of 4 and the B25 has a crew of 6... So theses planes won't happen in the foreseeable future.

They don't need to be multicrew for 4,6 players.....that would be boring, two players are enough, pilot and copilot/bombardier.

I would be happy even if they make them without clickpits like Flaming cliffs but with good FM.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

1 hour ago, felixx75 said:

I won't buy any FC3 level modules 😉

I would and i bet many would too since there is no decent sim providing bomber role. 

I would do the same with PTO while waiting for clickpit modules.

Realistic FM, immersion and gameplay variety have priority over clickpit in my book when it comes to ww2 birds.

In ww2 birds after startup there is not much need for clickpits, almost everything fits on hotas!😉

9 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

They don't need to be multicrew for 4,6 players.....that would be boring, two players are enough, pilot and copilot/bombardier.

Genuinely can’t see how this could work - especially for daytime operations...???

Do you plan to fly without gunners?

I thought the crew limit thing was as much about the AI required to make the plane work in SP as well as how many crew stations would be needed for MP.