[INVESTIGATING]Panel Night Lighting

Meyomyx

I'm trying to get a comfortable night lighting balance and there's a couple of oddities. I'm not sure if any of these are how they should be but:

The TGP symbology is at a fixed brightness making it extremely bright in a dark cockpit. I would have expected it to be controlled with the symbology brightness control?

Similarly, I would have expected the clock, UHF repeater and NMSP would be controlled by panel lighting somehow. Once again, with everything else dimmed, they are set at maximum brightness.

The AOA indexer brightness control doesn't seem to do anything. Now, other controls on that panel are not operational at the moment, but the manual implies that this one is?

Finally, I note that the HMCS day and night modes (on the profiles page) appear to be reversed - the night mode is much brighter than the day mode. I think that should be the other way around.

Details, details .... :)

Keep up the awesome work

1146e45c51aa41e91c3f8ab356f0beac.thumb.png.c7c7a305022b91ccb5eb301ab2d5ba0e.png

• ED Team

Hi

are you sure you are using the SYM switch on the MFD, it is working for me

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can confirm parts of that. The SYM Switch on the MFCD works but has no effect on the white TGP Symbology, those will always be at maximum brightness. You can see it in the screenshot. Wether that is the correct behaviour or not I can not say but it has always been this way ever since I first flew the A-10C back in 2011.

Secondly, putting the Signal Lights switch on the interior lighting panel to the "Dim"-position does not have any effect. IIRC it shoult dim the clock and the Nav Panel but it doesn't do that in the latest Versions of DCS. This used to work. Not sure when that changed.

Attached is a short track demonstrating the issue

Signal_Lights_Switch.trk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Hi

are you sure you are using the SYM switch on the MFD, it is working for me

Hi Wags. No - SYM does not adjust the white symbology of the TGP screen ("Not SOI" adjusts with SYM and the other display symbology). It remains at the same intensity.

• ED Team

Hi Wags. No - SYM does not adjust the white symbology of the TGP screen ("Not SOI" adjusts with SYM and the other display symbology). It remains at the same intensity.

Thank you for the promotion! :)

I will look at this again thank you, I see the issue now and will look into it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...

Any News here?

NMSP, UHF Repeater & Clock are bright as the sun with NVG.

6 month no fix. That's the reason the community is disapointed again and again.

If we report a bug than please fix it.

PS: Please fix it in A-10C, too. 🙂

Edited by kaltokri

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 1 year later...