Mission 8 - Phantom tanker

VirusAM

Well, the mission went well I managed to accomplish it, but after engaging the iranian ship and being cleared rtb i choosed to aar.

But when i was near the viking he choosed to act as a boom tanker and replied to me in that way (chick and tow 1 mile trail etc etc).

After multiple abort and ready precontact I decided to give up.

So I asked the wingman (olive) to do the aar, and she just turned away and went for landing.

I had to land as well and managed to do that with less then 500lbs of fuel remaining!!! Was so scary at night ????

Very nice mission, I hope BD can understand and sort these problems

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 months later...

Hey BD, any chance you could telegraph the Tankers frequency ? somewhere or did i miss it ? I got it in the end , by going to PRI 2?

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The problem, I think is that that option was showing when I had a choice off send olive to attack something, so f-10 instead of doing 3 things there were only two one of them was find the details on the tanker.  The other was attack, I didn’t want her to do option 2. So I tried to clear the tanker message... and of course succeeded...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 5 months later...

I just had the same problem. Waiting for Olive to finish didn't help because I ran out of fuel. I started the process with more than 3000 (basically wanted to go tanking just for practice). She keeps weirdly disconnecting and reconnecting to the tanker. I recorded it on video so you can see what's going on. Btw this is the second time I run into this - in a previous R1 mission I managed to wait until my wingman finished tanking and the tanker just retracted the hose and left. I wasn't able to communicate with it anymore. I'm guessing that the same would have happened here too if I managed to fly longer. So it's possible tanking is broken in all the missions... which is pretty bad as it's something you do after completing all the objectives. Would be great if you could fix this. Thanks a lot! The campaign is otherwise awesome!

• 1 year later...

Sadly, this is still not fixed.

It‘s really frustrating to do a nearly 2h mission and end up 3miles in front of the carrier without fuel just because no tanker is available…

Why did it happen? Because I kept in mind (mission 08): „think about your wingman‘s fuel“. I then had to wait behind the tanker because the wingman took my turn. After the wingman finished refueling, the tanker S3 just runs away and lands on the carrier. I followed him, and came to 0 fuel just before reaching the carrier…

I flipped out!!!!

From now on, no more Mr Nice Guy!

I am sorry to hear that... how many times I was close to flipping out - you are on the receiving end of the AI dumbness after I spent hours upon hours trying to make it work with some of the simplest tasks (like AAR) - that get repeatedly broken with updates. I am trying to think about all the possible safeguards, but then the AI will do something different anyway. Really sorry it ended this way, maybe I just put in another tanker on different frequency just to be there. Just in case?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png