Did something change with ILS or TARCAN

Limaro

Hi,

did with the last oder second last update with A10C or A10C II change using of ILS or TACAN?

Somehow I dont get them to work any more.

Also in the A10C landing tutorial the ILS does not seam to lead to any effect doing all by instructions (it's on right frequency and switched on)

Limaro

EDIT: Corrected to TACAN, sorry cannot change Title...

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

TARCAN?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

I've tried the quick start mission A10C II night landing in Caucasus. There you have to land in Kobuleti i guess, the ILS is 111.30. But setting this up, and switching on has no effect. also tarce 67X remains dead in my case.

Looks like it works for HSI, but nothing on ADI. And I also hear no beeping or background noise.

EDIT: made video,

Hmmm

The ADI Flags dont disapear for me too

I dont fly ILS very much

I have tried the mission above nightlanding

Landing at day

There ADI works for me

Can you try ?

Sorry for my english

Oh yes, in the other mission it works!

Just flew an ILS with no issues...Tacan and ILS are Tuned, Identifed and Monitored? Remember by default now the ILS and Tacan volumes are off. You have to click on them on the intercom panel to identify.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

TACAN seems to work. ILS does not work because the airport does not have it on because the wind isn't high enough (that's another problem...). Remember, you have to pull the TCN/ILS knobs on the audio panel with a right click to hear beeping. Corrected miz attached. I just doubled the winds.

IA-A10CII-Caucasus-Night Landing More Wind.miz

• Like 2

Most airports in DCS will only switch on their ILS when the wind speed is above a certain threshold.

This particular Instant Action mission is mostly a copy of the older A-10C Night Landing mission, where the same problem exists:

The airport's ILS is simply off.

The older mission was probably introduced when ILS was on all the time (or with a lower wind speed threshold), and the new one was probably not play-tested for ILS.

TACAN worked just fine however when I just flew it.

Also note (as mentioned above) that ILS and TACAN are now muted by default, and pilots have to un-mute them in order to check the morse-code identifier.

Edit: Damn, sniped hard by Bailey :gun_sniper:

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 3