question about vapor on wings.

catchforusthefoxes

They are implemented since early, access release. Settings maybe set to low details? Lower QNH to have less air pressure, temperature lower and you should have enough "moisture" to provoke condensation vapor from the wings. You may try higher altitude and keep in mind it's mostly about AoA of the wing, and not necessarily speed alone...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They are implemented since early, access release. Settings maybe set to low details? Lower QNH to have less air pressure, temperature lower and you should have enough "moisture" to provoke condensation vapor from the wings. You may try higher altitude and keep in mind it's mostly about AoA of the wing, and not necessarily speed alone...

yea, I don't think so, unless I have a buggy install. I did everything you said and still got the same results, all my settings are maxed, and tried it on all maps with the recommended weather conditions, and still no wing vapors. maybe I'm still missing something?

I thought the weather effects on vapor were part of an upcoming core update. Also, I vaguely recall one of the devs mentioning a long, long time ago that the current vapor system can't handle variable sweep wings.

For me it looks like this (Caucasus Freeflight mission):

Screen_201106_221151.thumb.png.90c555cfc355243fe0f250d1a418e64a.png

Cockpit view:

Screen_201106_221105.thumb.png.bf49b69628a7a7c859739b3bbb1272b9.png

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)