REQUEST/DISCUSSION: Jester energy state callouts during ACM

DanPDX

I suspect that there is probably already a thread discussing this, but i have not been able to find one...

Anyways, I would love to see some sort of mechanic during close in fights where Jester could occasionally give airspeed callouts. I think that one possible way to implement this would be via a "speed?" option on the menu wheel or as a key bind. alternatively, the pilot could interrupt Jester's clock bearing calls with a "Got 'em" menu item, which would transition Jester into giving speed calls either for a set amount of time, until the bandit moves outside of the forward cone of the aircraft, etc. A third way of doing this would be to mix them in with the clock calls under a set of circumstances, such as only when the bandit is at twelve o'clock and within x degrees of ADL.

Yet another possibility could be that instead of actual values for speed, Jester could reference the pilot to a best rate speed, and would say "Step on it!", "We're Slow", "Too Fast", etc.

I have no idea if this is feasible, but it would be very nice to see and I believe there is some anecdotal evidence for this occurring in real life.

What do you think?

• Like 1

-Bigfoot,

"Jack of All Trades, Master of None"

F-14A/B Tomcat, C-101, UH-1H, Ka-50, SA342, Su-25T, FC3, F/A-18C

Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

I suspect that there is probably already a thread discussing this, but i have not been able to find one...

Anyways, I would love to see some sort of mechanic during close in fights where Jester could occasionally give airspeed callouts. I think that one possible way to implement this would be via a "speed?" option on the menu wheel or as a key bind. alternatively, the pilot could interrupt Jester's clock bearing calls with a "Got 'em" menu item, which would transition Jester into giving speed calls either for a set amount of time, until the bandit moves outside of the forward cone of the aircraft, etc. A third way of doing this would be to mix them in with the clock calls under a set of circumstances, such as only when the bandit is at twelve o'clock and within x degrees of ADL.

Yet another possibility could be that instead of actual values for speed, Jester could reference the pilot to a best rate speed, and would say "Step on it!", "We're Slow", "Too Fast", etc.

I have no idea if this is feasible, but it would be very nice to see and I believe there is some anecdotal evidence for this occurring in real life.

What do you think?

I could see this as a crew contracts option.

I believe something like this is already WIP, not sure of an ETA though.

Oh! Cool, do you have any idea of specifics or further details? Or is this all you can give us?

-Bigfoot,

"Jack of All Trades, Master of None"

F-14A/B Tomcat, C-101, UH-1H, Ka-50, SA342, Su-25T, FC3, F/A-18C

Persian Gulf, Supercarrier