Question to the ld-10

Hajime

Hi,

this evening I played a simple SEAD mission together with a friend of mine.

We attacked two SA-10 emplacements. He flew the JF-17 and I flew the F/A-18.

5 of 6 HARMs (in two sorties) were intercepted additional to four JSOW (which I read were kind of stealthy).

Every LD-10 in different operation modes were fired and none of them were attacked by the SA-10.

I find it very unlikely that a SA-10 reacts that different on two missiles of comparable size etc (Keyword: radar cross section etc.).

My question is: Is this behavior a bug, WIP or is it real (as real as it gets)?

If someone has a explanation I would be very pleased.

If it is realistic, a technical explanation would be nice too.

I searched the Forum but I didn't find an answer.

Thank you

I doubt it's realistic but DCS has codes which determine the kind of missiles/bombs that get attacked and which don't. E.g. GBUs will never get attacked but JSOW does. My suspicion (and I stress this is only a hunch) is that, since the LD-10 is an identical airframe to the SD-10 just a different seeker, that it might get "seen" by DCS SAMs as an air-to-air missile and therefore not attacked.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

The RCS of the LD-10 is too small to be intercepted by an SA-10.

SA-10s have a minimum RCS that they can engage of 500 (or 0.5, not sure how it is written in the files), the LD-10 is slightly below that value (~480 IIRC) making them impossible to intercept for the SA-10. If you mod the LD-10 to have a bigger RCS, they get intercepted. TORs and Tunguskas can intercept them fine, but right now the LD-10 is by far the fastest making it hard even for those systems to intercept them, but they can and do.