[RESOLVED] M-2000C CMD PRESS to unlock radar lock not unlocking

tanr

Issue:

With the newest DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.57264 the M-2000C Mirage can't seem to truly release a radar lock and is blocked from locking new targets unless you turn off the radar system then turn it back on.

Repro steps:

1. Air start, armed with 530s, with multiple possible targets
  2. Master Arm ON
  3. Select 530 missile with PCA .
  4. CMD FWD for boresite mode to lock one of the targets.
    Result: You will see the lock on HUD and radar.
  5. CMD Depress to unlock target.
    Result: HUD lock symbol (square around target) goes away.
  6. CMD FWD for boresight (or any radar mode) to try to lock any other target.
    Expected Result: Should be able to lock another target.
    Actual Result: Can't lock any other target. Instead lock jumps back to previously locked target, even if that target is outside boresight.

So, once you have locked one target, after unlocking it you can't lock any other targets.

Hope this isn't a duplicate report. I couldn't find any other mention of this besides discussion on reddit (

).

If you need a video of this I can try to put one together.

I've attached two tracks, which both show similar situations.

The example tracks show how I lock a target, reposition so that target is off the HUD, unlock with CMD PRESS, then try CMD FWD to turn on boresight.

IF I have another target centered under the boresight BEFORE I turn on the boresight with CMD FWD I can lock the new target.

Otherwise, with no target right under the boresight when you turn it on, and even though the previously locked target is pretty far off the HUD the lock will revert to the previous target.

Hope this helps.

And BTW, the Mirage is a blast to fly. Cheers.

M2000-StaysLocked2.trk

M2000-StaysLocked1.trk

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue for me too. Also the targets jumps arround sometime in straight line and it is impossible to lock on them . They are just disappearing from the radar screen and appears 20 miles ahead or back . Also if i unlock a target sometimes i have to close the radar and turn it on again in order to get another lock .

Edited by stormxaralam

2 hours ago, stormxaralam said:

Same issue for me too. Also the targets jumps arround sometime in straight line and it is impossible to lock on them . They are just disappearing from the radar screen and appears 20 miles ahead or back . Also if i unlock a target sometimes i have to close the radar and turn it on again in order to get another lock .

This is unrelated to the bug report and I think you are talking about a jamming target.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [PLANNED] M-2000C CMD PRESS to unlock radar lock not unlocking
  • 4 months later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] M-2000C CMD PRESS to unlock radar lock not unlocking