Mission 2 - A-10C II

LooseSeal

Hey Baltic,

Unfortunately in mission 2 the wingman spawns with a fuel truck meshed inside his wing like a Cubist painting, and as soon as he moves they both explode!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

It's a known problem. :(

BD just changed all the player flights to A-10C II - but for some reason, with A-10C II the wingmen now have new (automatic) spawn positions, which happen to be right inside of fuel trucks. This did not happen during testing, so it looks like a problem introduced with the very same DCS patch that also introduced the A-10C II version of the campaign.

Long story short, this most likely won't be fixed until the next OpenBeta patch.

As a workaround, it's possible to open the missions from the Mission Editor, change the spawn positions for the wingmen, and then fly each mission from the Mission Editor without saving it (and not in campaign mode).

It's still playable. I mean, it's not like we ever really need the wingmen to do anything anyway! Or even if you did ask them there's no guarantee they'd do it! Haha

Edit: Mission 4 too. But I think there might be issues with other aircraft too? When I quit mission 4 I saw in the log that 3 Mi-8's exploded in the first 5 seconds. Not sure where that happened or if it's critical to the mission, though.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 2 months later...

Hey Baltic, I've got a progression bug also in mission 2. After reporting the suspicious vehicle at GG2840 2620 near waypoint charlie and stopping the friendly convoy, a friendly vehicle approaches and appears to get stuck 10 - 20m from the other vehicle. It looks like the wheels are glitching. The mission doesn't progress

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...