[FIXED] Defog Bug

jejsus

Hello,

we have also found a problem with the DEFOG function.

Scenario: JF-17 airspawn at 24900 ft, the canopy fogged up, the DEFOG switch is pressed.

After that nothing happens, only when I fly at almost ground level and then fly again at 30000 ft, the canopy does not fog up any more.

For this I have attached a trackfile here.

Would it be possible to reduce the fog effect, or would it be too unrealistic? I feel like I spend most of my time in the JF-17 battling fog nowadays. Which includes that sound inferno the defog fan makes. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to reduce the fog effect, or would it be too unrealistic? I feel like I spend most of my time in the JF-17 battling fog nowadays. Which includes that sound inferno the defog fan makes. :thumbup:

This sound is horrible... already searched for the sound file, but didn find it

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 1 month later...

Hi Deka,

This Fogging/De-fogging has become more of an inconvenience than an appreciated feature, believe me! It happen too often, takes a log time to defog, sound is unbearably loud and kills both immersion and pilot. Should I battle an adversary shooting guns or heaters at me or try fumble around in pit trying to press defog button in a merge and do entire dogfight through horrible sound with canopy still fogged up? Please fix this (defogs quickly and acceptable sound hum and level) or provide some way to shut fogging completely. This is 'nice to have' thing which can be appreciated in once-in-a-while but cannot be lived with everyday. 

Appreciate and admire all the efforts Deka put into this feature to implement it and this feedback is a constructive feedback with sole intention to improve this module. Hopefully it will get attention.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

I would only ask that canopy fogging and defogging is as realistic as possible.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD