Major Desync Issue In New Open Beta?

NickF08

I had this happen on a couple Public Servers. I was on the Aerobatics, and I would see all my friends actions on his aircraft, like closing his canopy, throttling up, rearming, but his plane did not move from that position. We then went to a training server, dont remember the name, and this happened again, he would not move, although he was moving on his screen.

I also had this later on in the day while playing by myself, I asked a question in the server chat and I told them my position flying over an airfield miles from where Ive taken off. But when they tried looking for me they only found me at the airfield I spawned at on the ground.

I switched back to stable with my friend, and we never had the problem again. Super weird.

Edit: These were all in official DCS planes

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Similar issue here as well after beta update. MP mission with multiple client planes. Weirdly.....if me and my buddy both choose a10c's, it works fine, as normal. If i went in as the su-25t, and my buddy in a10c, then i can see everything as normal, including him moving his plane, but he cant see me moving.

To test, I talked him into ramming me - collision detection definitely still works!

• Like 1

Guys, since you all have the same issue, there's definitely something going on in latest OB. Now, we need a pattern to find the bug. Can you please attach the following?

• server track
  • client track
  • server log
  • client log

What kind of server did this happen with? Only dedicated server, only standard server, or both?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

Hi,

as flappie suggests we need to see as much data as possible on the issue, short tracks showing examples and a dcs log would be helpful here.

I would recommend removing all unofficial mods and edits to test with a vanilla install, to rule out a mod issue first.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Dont know if the cause, but we have noticed desync, long server freeze, when hitting static objects. Also their score goes mental, so it is as if they are counted numerous times.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

There's no need for a track, because that will just show yourself move around the map. The problem is with other clients and the server.

I know for sure that EVERY SU-25T will not update his position after spawn and you can kill it with bombs where he spawns.

You can also see them shoot on the ground.. example: https://gfycat.com/sentimentalflawlesscicada (they were hitting a Carrier group)

I experienced a similar issue yesterday, flying on the Blue Flag Syria server. Over the duration of about 1 minute we had severe desync while taxing and saw each others aircraft sink into the ground and not moving, while we ourselves were actually still moving.

First I thought the server crashed, which happens sometimes, but then I noticed everything else (e.g. chat) seemed to work normally, making this a rather odd desync event I've not seen before. After about a minute everything returned to normal and we saw each other suddenly teleporting to our actual positions on the taxiway.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's why there are both our tracks from the same time - one clearly shows movement, the other doesn't, we've even switched places. In any way, Flappie asked for some short tracks, and I've sent some short tracks. :)

Precisely. Here's what we get when we synchronize these tracks:

In the latest part, when you both had Su-25 (A and T), you couldn't even see each other?

So far, plagued aircraft are:

Su-25T (mentioned by nearly everyone here and seen in OnNom's video)

Su-25 "A" (seen in StandingCow's video and in my video of Marvin's track)

A-4E mod (which flight model is probably based on the Su-25T's)

@NickF08 You said it happened with "all in official DCS planes". Have you witnessed another type of aircraft having this bug?

In the latest part, when you both had Su-25 (A and T), you couldn't even see each other?

We could see each other standing in place where we spawned.

We later tested it a bit more - I was shooting rockets at the place he was on his screen, then at the place where he was on my screen (he took the 25t, I was in the M2KC): in the first case, the rockets did no damage even though they were on target in his sim; in the second case, I managed to destroy him even though he was a few km away form the point I was shooting at.

Later, he crashed into me in-flight, killing both of us, even though he was still on the ground on my screen.

OK.

My question is about what we can (or cannot) see in my video of your track: you spawn at 1:22 in a Su-25T, and your buddy ("client side") can't see you at all. Were you distant from each other?

EDIT: oh, yes, it seems you had spawned in another part of the airfield.

Edited by Flappie

The su-25 and su-25T are not reloaded or repaired at allied airfields.

They do not see each other in the air because in the network, each sees the other in the spawn parking lot, although they are 100... km from the airfield.

We need an urgent fix for this bug!

i7-4790k, 32ggb, 2070, 2560x1440, TrackIR5, Win10, всё в синей изоленте, и чуток SSD.

Same player, spoted with his two Su25T's at Maykop but in that time he flying above Gudauta. When he pop flares there these two at Maykop poping flares etc...

1469901871_DCS2020-11-0820-57-14.thumb.png.6b8db355b851c73640819d61ae4b8768.png

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!