Stutters in Channel map aslo

Coxy_99

• 2 weeks later...

Similar issues with this map, and Syria, micro stutter a few seconds after mission starts, then intermittent micro stutters after that, It was good before the last update, but the last update ran at the same time as the last big Windows 10 update so I'm guessing they might be linked. Reduced everything to minimum in the mission, still happens, tried all the combinations of options and all the fixes suggested in this and other threads, nothing stops it happening. Tried it with different aircraft, no difference then tried it with a vanilla game, still there. Not a huge issue, just a little annoying, I'm running a top end machine and usually run the game error free with everything maxed out.

Yeah, but what exactly was the fix? A new file by Mustang? Is it downloadable somewhere?

It was Persian Gulf file by mustang. The one getting rid of the noise in the textures. There's extra terrainconfig42.lua or something like that, he fixed it in the new version. I'll post link if I find it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/dcs-mods/212007-dcs-persian-gulf-terrain-noise-tiles-fix

It was Persian Gulf file by mustang. The one getting rid of the noise in the textures. There's extra terrainconfig42.lua or something like that, he fixed it in the new version. I'll post link if I find it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/dcs-mods/212007-dcs-persian-gulf-terrain-noise-tiles-fix

Thats just a mod actually, I believe they changed the bitmap from 16 to 32, And somewhere in changing it caused a bug thats still not picked up however Mustang found what was causing it ED have still failed to pick up on it. This is causing the stutters you are seeing.

Thats just a mod actually, I believe they changed the bitmap from 16 to 32, And somewhere in changing it caused a bug thats still not picked up however Mustang found what was causing it ED have still failed to pick up on it. This is causing the stutters you are seeing.

Yes, it was the mod by mustang causing the stutter, at least on my end. He fixed his mod and now I have no stutters.

I have a Nvidia RTX 2080.I had stutters on the Syria map (not so much on The Channel) and got rid of the stutters (and improved frame rate) by rolling back to driver 451.67 and decreasing the preload radius all the way down to 1500