[USER ERROR] TPOD Bind controls Left and Right

Hawkeye_UK

On todays update which saw update to TGP.

So the TDC slew axis bind keys for Left and Right now work opposite than what they used to. So for example you push TDC left and the pod slew's right and vice versa.

Note this is not the analogue key binding ( i have both binded given the problems with the TDC slew analogue axis).

Simple question how does this get missed in 2 weeks of testing when the pod is one of the main features to be looked at?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

For some controller types for instance it will read a sensor moving in a direction and assume that its a certain direction. I have found this with my Saitek Proflight Pedals that some planes I have to IBNVERT the axis for my brakes. I also found this to be an issue when i did my Delta Sim slew upgrade for the TM WH that some TDC slew had to be inverted. This is not a testing issue, its simply an issue with the difference in equipment between each user.

My sujestion is to box the INVERTED option in the AXIS TIUNE box in the AXIS section of the drop menu. Let me know if that solves the problem

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

TGP control is inverted. Very fast on the x-axis. and slowly along the y-axis.

merged your topic with this one. Please make sure to check current threads as well as previous resolved threads to make sure you arent creating another thread on a duplicate issue

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Ok so Elmo this is really bizarre, have reloaded the game, and started the exact same test mission and the TDC slew keybinds are now functioning correctly, i will try and replicate the original issue and send a track. I have no idea how this is possible one minute then not the next but will investigate, wondering if its a combination of issues will have to try and replicate the original issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Make sure its a clean install because I cannot verify anything with mods. If its a problem with the game then it should be consistent, if its happening once and a while then its most likely a user error. Let me know.

Elmo i only have a clean install as do a lot of testing, plus it allows me to monitor the progress of improvement or degradation of the ED architecture. To note, and putting the Tpod to one side, the controls are totally reverse for the DMT use, also buggy to get a target point lock on the ground. It seems to be whenever the system is using INS mode. There is genuine problem here, just load any scenario with a Harrier even without the Pod and just use the DMT slew key bind controls (not the analogue axis).

DCS & BMS

Same problem here. I use a Hat for Slew (for exact same reason as OP) and finding that TDC Left keybind = DMT Left but TPOD Right, and TDC Right keybind = DMT Right but TPOD Left. Controls are inverted.

The Slew Axis itself seems to have different slew speeds associated to X and Y. Dont understand why that would be.

EDIT: Seems specific to INS mode as OP states above.

Similar behavior here, and for me is happening something more weird. The Y-axis direction seems to be somehow liked with the relative diference of heading of the harrier and the TPOD.

In example:

If the harrier and is heading direcly where the TPOD is pointing (target of TPOD at 12 o'clock), the Y-axis movement makes de cursor go up and down (as it must be).

But if the harrier is heading 90º compared to where the TPOD is pointing (target at 9 o'clock) the Y-axis movement makes the cursor go left and right.

Other point between 0 and 90º Y-axis makes the cursor go up/down and lef/right at the same time

edit: the slowness in y-axis and this other weird behaviour seems to be happening to the DMT too

Deamon this is user error make sure you are mot in ins mode on the tpod by double SSD, this will switch you TPOD, in ins you are moving the point on ehsd. Which the tpod tracks to.

Here is an useful over view of the changes.

Edited by tea_cypher

it's intermittent and was happening before the last TPOD update. The slew would reverse and go to a very high slew rate usually after some type of target designation and after changing from TPOD to the DMT view, but sometimes the Maverick slew will invert and go to a high rate. Again this is not easy to reproduce, it's happening on occasion so it's tough to understand if there is a common cause. I can't imagine there is a mode that would purposely cause any slewing commands to reverse, if so please let me know. The next time I play if it occurs I'll try to upload the track file.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Deamon this is user error make sure you are mot in ins mode on the tpod by double SSD, this will switch you TPOD, in ins you are moving the point on ehsd. Which the tpod tracks to.

Hello, when is it planned to update the manual with all the new features?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Yes, I know that. A short status would be great. Whether you can expect it soon, or does he have enough other things on his mind and we have to be patient ... that would be enough.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Ey! That's it. I haven't understood how to make the TPOD the SOI and I was moving the cursor on the map!

All is good now ^_^

Thanks for the advice!!

There is BUG is still ingame. - With TPOD in INS, TDC Slew Left binding (key, not axis) slews the EHSD to the RIGHT and vice versa.

The OP was not specific to the inversion. Any-matter there is already a lengthy report on the inversions that I am tracking.