Mission 13 bugs: taxiing and also Fencer behavior

N22YF

I just played this mission on 2.5.6.55960 (the latest version) and ran into a couple issues:

First, my wingman is overeager in taxiing and tries to get in line just behind the Su-25s that taxi out while I'm starting up. If I let him do that and taxi behind him, then he stops short at the runway threshold and won't budge, blocking my way onto the runway. If I'm quick enough and pull out ahead of him, then I have to be really careful to keep my taxiing speed up, or else he rams me! It took me four tries at this mission just to be able to take off due to this issue.

I encountered the second issue when engaging the Fencers attacking Senaki. I thought we'd downed all of them, and so I returned to WP 2 and awaited further instructions. Eventually, I got a message that we'd just killed all the Fencers, which didn't make sense coming at that time since it'd been a while since we'd engaged them. When I checked Tacview after completing the mission, I saw that the "SENAKI B" Fencer had evaded us and made a run for it; then, when we'd returned to WP 2, it had looped back and bombed Senaki, and then safely returned to Russia.

I have a track file I can try to send somehow if that would be useful, but it's too large to upload here (23 MB).

The mission creator has no control over the AI bugs but probably can make some workarounds. Afaik the wingman won't start taxi until you do, so when you start taxing do so without hesitation. Even if someone blocks the taxi way you can usually go around long way or just afterburn through the patch of grass - not pretty - hopefully crew chief won't notice.

Make sure to check not only hits but also if they go down after.

You can upload bigger files to any external cloud servers like http://uploaded.net/ then just share the link.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The mission creator has no control over the AI bugs but probably can make some workarounds. Afaik the wingman won't start taxi until you do, so when you start taxing do so without hesitation.

Thanks! Actually your wingman will get out there and start taxiing after the Su-25s even if you haven't moved yet, so you have a short window to jump out on the taxiway between the last Su-25 and your wingman!

Make sure to check not only hits by also if they go down after.

What do you mean?

I mean that missile hit is not always a kill.

Ah I see! Well in the case of that Fencer, he evaded me and my wingman untouched. I didn't see him on my radar after the dust settled and assumed we'd gotten everyone. The bug is that I later got an erroneous message out of the blue that we'd succeeded in downing all the Fencers, and also that there was no message that Senaki had been hit once that Fencer looped back and bombed Senaki.