POS ( Ponies On Surfboards)

chief

If you are unsure what the above acronym is for , I am sure it'll be on google. This AV* is the single most biggest POS in DCS. It is so inconsistent on how it operates. I do the same thing every time when using mavs, for example. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt using exact same steps. I am sick and tired of beta testing this sh** that I don't even report bugs anymore. You want your modules tested, come on a derver with me, pay me what I make an hour and i'll do it for you. In the mean time fix your sh** please. I offered to make a $100 bet that the F15 will be the same thing. No one on discord took my offer. I wonder why. Rant over

All this annoyance only because of the AGM-65Fs are misbehaving? Damn, how are you going through the life... Take a walk, do something else and chill a bit. This is already reported and is gonna be fixed soon (tomorrow probably).

With constructive posts like this, I'm sure bugs will be fixed in no time

Well bud, if you're having issues im sure there are better ways to go about it than going out and calling it a POS.

Hop on our Discord, find me, PM me and ill find a time to sit down and show you the ropes. Perhaps its that you aren't doing something correctly that is leading to the inconsistencies you're having. Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thats alright. DCS is complex and frustrating, we all know that. But we need to step away and breathe sometimes, ask others for help.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

It's easy to get overheated when something you love doesn't work as you expect.

Elmo is doing a good job as community manager, let's see in razbam team will live up with expectations.

Today's update will tell us a lot of things...

Just give 'em one more chance.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I'm not going to comment on the product or company as I don't have it.

Nor am I going to criticise the poster.

However, I will point out that in this day and age, our lives, our tech, our jobs and studdies, our relationships with coworkers, spouces, family, and strangers at a drinking establishment... has a tendency to require us to be patient, and at least somewhat forgiving. A long time ago I started to notice when I'd get pissed off, and would conciously decide to take a step back before reacting, take a "cool down lap", think about the situation as others might see things, before reacting or stating. It's very difficult, but it's saved me and others a world of grief and stress, on many many occasions! Looking at my complaint that was made when angry, often looks silly and immature four hours later when I'm calmed and looking at it with fresh eyes. I may have still had a point to be unhappy... but also see that often I needed to temper my response, that the initial complaint was... rash and overly emotional, with no empathy towards the people I'm complaining to.

See a problem, and it gets you upset? Instead of blasting away in the forum, write it on paper, go take a break maybe go for a run, walk the dog. Take an hour. Or a day. Then look what you wrote, consider the content and the tone, and then maybe re-write it and post. Just a modest suggestion, nothing more.

• Like 1

This is more of what I'd like to see in our community. Nobody jumping on each other or trying to assume things without knowing the story. The OP had concerns but needed to think first. Apologizing for the way it was interpreted was a great start ad he has my forgiveness. During this trying time I know anxiety and frustration can boil over but we all need to be compassionate and understanding of everyone's unique situations in order to work together. Im very proud of how everyone has responded and is working to better understand everyone's point of view from here, to discord and even in game on the radios. You are all doing a great job. Keep it up.

• Like 1

While I don't agree with with the delivery or tone of the message by the OP, I have a similar sentiment about the stability of the AV8B. In the 10 or more years I've been playing DCS, since purchasing the day-01 release of the Russian-only Ka-50, I've never experienced so many straight crashes in DCS, nor experienced such inconsistent and frustrating behaviour as the AV8B.

At the risk of being crass and over-simplifying, I suspect that testers take hot-start jets, "test the $weapon once", and then call it done, and tick off their item in the bug-tracker/JIRA/whatever task managing software platform is used. Meanwhile us as users are flying more complex sorties and dropping a multitude of weapons and exercising the navigation system/EHSD/sensors more, and so experience more problems.

Since I don't have a 15-second track or an exact bug report I accept that my comment will be dismissed. I don't care.

I just want to express that the sentiment by the OP about the AV8B are felt by many virtual pilots in the community.

;n7130012]While I don't agree with with the delivery or tone of the message by the OP, I have a similar sentiment about the stability of the AV8B. In the 10 or more years I've been playing DCS, since purchasing the day-01 release of the Russian-only Ka-50, I've never experienced so many straight crashes in DCS, nor experienced such inconsistent and frustrating behaviour as the AV8B.

At the risk of being crass and over-simplifying, I suspect that testers take hot-start jets, "test the $weapon once", and then call it done, and tick off their item in the bug-tracker/JIRA/whatever task managing software platform is used. Meanwhile us as users are flying more complex sorties and dropping a multitude of weapons and exercising the navigation system/EHSD/sensors more, and so experience more problems.

Since I don't have a 15-second track or an exact bug report I accept that my comment will be dismissed. I don't care.

I just want to express that the sentiment by the OP about the AV8B are felt by many virtual pilots in the community.

Are you experiencing any crashes at this time?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry you are so frustrated with the Harrier. To me, it's the best attack aircraft we have. To be fair, I don't bother using the AGM-65Fs, and I'm not sure they are used IRL either. But RAZBAM, can you please offer realistic ammo loadouts on the GAU-12 pod?

SME said that they never used the Mav-Fs at all because it was not as accurate when combined with LMAVs and the TPOD. As for the gun pod. The ammo pod is correct for the MLU NA Harrier. Our SME has explained that due to more accurate guided weapons being available to the Harrier, they did not continue to use the API rounds and the belt was removed from inventory. Doctrine limits the use of the gunpod to anti personel and light vehicles or structures with the SAPHEI-T. I do agree that a more accurate gun sound is in fact needed.

@chief when do you want to meet up and chat?

Also editied title to be less derrogatory rather than shut down the thread.

Odd all of these issues and yet I have experienced none of these with my harrier. Perhaps because I am on a Steam install?

The agm65f hits what I target if I target the right thing and not a tree or a house...

I actually love flying the Harrier it is quickly becoming my favorite go to module. Because I don't have to mess around with runways or really much when it comes to landing or take off. It range surprised me, I don't need drop tanks when playing on the Caucuses map online, and can easily hit any location with any weapons combo possible while taking off from the Tarawa and return.

My only complaints are not with the aircraft itself. It is with the weapons. The rockets are really suceptible to wind. The TPOD is very much an after thought on the aircraft and shoe horned into it's design after the fact.

This isn't on RAZBAM, but on the real weapons issues .. I can deal with it.

Thanks -- that's fair. Would there be a historical scenario, IE Op Allied Force in the 1990s, where API rounds were still inventoried for the Marine Corps' GAU-12 program?
If someone wants to make a mod sure but its not in the immediate future. Maybe down the road there'll be a version where you can't mount a tpod but you can have API. Dunno. Well see once everything else is finished.

Odd all of these issues and yet I have experienced none of these with my harrier. Perhaps because I am on a Steam install?

The agm65f hits what I target if I target the right thing and not a tree or a house...

I actually love flying the Harrier it is quickly becoming my favorite go to module. Because I don't have to mess around with runways or really much when it comes to landing or take off. It range surprised me, I don't need drop tanks when playing on the Caucuses map online, and can easily hit any location with any weapons combo possible while taking off from the Tarawa and return.

My only complaints are not with the aircraft itself. It is with the weapons. The rockets are really suceptible to wind. The TPOD is very much an after thought on the aircraft and shoe horned into it's design after the fact.

This isn't on RAZBAM, but on the real weapons issues .. I can deal with it.

Yup. Thats the joys of unguided. Thats why you fly profiles and offset your aim point.

• Like 1