Sound files

Sirchuzzalot

Can someone tell me where DCS keeps the default sound files? A while ago I installed a British radio mod for my WW2 flying and then a mod for the Mirage to change the threat warning sounds. I want to restore it to the default but if I remove and reinstall the module it keeps the mods I've downloaded. Will deleting the sound files and then reinstalling them fix this?

Thanks for any help

I would do a repair. Search for DCS Repair.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I don't use the Steam version. But here is what I know..

I am not sure what the Steam File Integrity thing does. But I don't thing it repairs DCS.. Again, I don't know..

To do a repair in DCS I just put a parameter on the end of the Shortcut's target: That may work for you. It checks all game files and makes sure they are correct.

"D:\My Programs\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

DCS has changed over the years and the sound files are in either the Sounds folder, or in the specific aircraft's Mod folder.

...DCS World\Sounds\Effects

...DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Sounds

Not sure about the WW2 radio files unless they are in specific aircraft folders, like the M-2000c is..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I'm pretty sure file integrity check is equivalent of repair command in non-Steam version. If it didn't help then either the mods added some additional files to the game folder (in that case cleanup command would get rid of them in standalone version, I don't know if Steam offers something similar), or, most likely, the mods weren't installed in the game folder at all, so Integrity Check couldn't touch them.

Sometimes the mods are supposed to be installed on system drive in Saved Games/DCS location. If that's the case with aforementioned ones (I'd check relevant readmes / instructions in whatever place you downloaded them from), then this is where you have to find and delete them.

On a sidenote, for the future I'd recommend getting familiar with any mod-managing app out there (OvGME for example) so that you will be able to turn any mod on and off at will with a few mouse clicks if it starts causing trouble. Saves lots of time and effort.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.