DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

Does v6.0 require a separate mod install for the server?

If so, do I use the client version, or is there a different version for the server?

My thanks in advance.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, davidp57 said:

No 😉

I found a trick, that I use in my squad's training mission.

Extract the mission .miz file (it's a ZIP archive) and edit the mission file that you'll find there.

In this file, search for the following text, and delete the line mentionning Hercules :

["requiredModules"] = {
        ["Hercules"] = "Hercules",
    }, -- end of ["requiredModules"]

Save the mission file, zip everything back to the .miz archive and voilà !

I actually have a build.cmd script that constructs the .miz archive from various sources, so I "simply" added this command to automatically remove the line :

powershell -File replace.ps1 .\build\tempsrc\mission "\[\"Hercules\"\] = \"Hercules\"," " " >nul 2>&1

(I attached the replace.ps1 script)

Hope this helps !

replace.ps1 375 B · 4 downloads

Have you had any reports of glitches or issues running like this? I can see that it would allow other clients to load - but will they see the plane in the air?

Otherwise, if it is possible to run this mod on public servers and not require other clients to have it installed - this will be quite amazing!

I just deployed paratroopers and noticed that they disappear on the ground. They are not showing on the map as soon as they touch the ground. Is there something I need to configure to have these soldiers appearing as seen in the GrimReapers video?

I cant get these liveries to show up in game. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313170/  I have them in the Hercules liveries folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

On 12/24/2020 at 7:45 PM, chardly38 said:

I cant get these liveries to show up in game. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313170/  I have them in the Hercules liveries folder.

Be sure that the folder is spelled correctly - hercules - with a lower case h. And, not to insult your intelligence, be sure that it is the Liveries folder in the Saved Games and not your root directory for DCS World. One last suggestion, make sure that after you extract the particular skin pack you have chosen - mine was the USA Skin Pack - that you copy and paste the skins individually into the hercules folder such that each skin is in it's own folder within the hercules folder that is located in the liveries folder.......that is located in the Saved Games > DCS Openbeta (or DCS World Stable version).

Edited by AG-51_Razor
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minor issue: I noticed in VR it looks like the rearm menu for one of the internal stations is larger then the VR screen and can't seem to scroll down the list at the bottom. (This may be a DCS limitation?)

Also - I was wondering if JTAC units are available? I tried deploying a Humvee but it didn't seem to be a JTAC just a standard unarmed humvee. Are JTAC's available to parachute out the back please?

And FWIW - this is an epic mod! I know it's not complete yet, but this mod is truly worthy of being an official module!

Edited by Dangerzone

On 12/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, Dangerzone said:

Have you had any reports of glitches or issues running like this? I can see that it would allow other clients to load - but will they see the plane in the air?

Otherwise, if it is possible to run this mod on public servers and not require other clients to have it installed - this will be quite amazing!

No glitch ; our server is public so lots of people come and go, got no report of anything linked to this.

• Thanks 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Anyone else experiencing big lag when selecting de C-130? I have installed the mod correctly in the Saved Games folder.

All my other modules are running completely fine. Tried reinstalling the C-130 but no luck. I have searched the internet as well as this topic, but seems like no one else has the same problem.

16 hours ago, DutchRotorZ said:

Anyone else experiencing big lag when selecting de C-130? I have installed the mod correctly in the Saved Games folder.

All my other modules are running completely fine. Tried reinstalling the C-130 but no luck. I have searched the internet as well as this topic, but seems like no one else has the same problem.

Are you on the Steam version of DCS? If so, go into options->special-Hercules (or whatever it's called), and check the box that has 'Steam' in it (I forget the exact wording)

I posted this in another area but this seems a better fit.

My original problem was with version 5.9. When I found out there was a newer version (6.1) I down loaded that one.  At first I thought that cured my problem. Under 5.9 I would spawn on the ramp sitting in the pilot's seat. DCS then crashed. After down loading 6.1 I was able to start the aircraft, taxi, takeoff, and land without issue. But when I clicked to end the flight, DCS crashed. I then added the C-130 to an existing mission where I had been flying the F-18. I again flew the C-130, this time starting in the air. I dropped paratroopers on an airfield and then landed. As soon as I ended the mission, DCS crashed.  My last attempt was a new mission. I air spawned a couple of 4 ship groups of C-130s. Took off in the F-18 and went hunting. I intercepted the C-130s and fired a missile. As soon as a C-130 got hit, DCS crashed. I also down loaded a livery pac which worked fine. I have attached the latest log file. I just completed another flight. As soon as I click on exit, DCS crashes.

dcs.log-20210105-170248.zip

• Thanks 1

Hi

I have been trying the new funtionality to populate waypoints through the F10 map, and I have found that in VR is not working.

When I try in 2D ther is no problem. After using Ralt+Y in F10, the cursor coords are populated into the selected WP.

Doing the same process in VR, the coords are not readed and populated.

Anyone is having the same issue?

thanks!