DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

why doesn't it work with ns430? do we have to enable-disable every time we use this mod?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I extracted file to C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft and made a mission with the herules. The hercules shows up but I cannot control it as a player/client. Any ideas? TIA

6600K @ 4.3/H100i GTX/Asus Maximus Hero VIII/Asus Tuff 3070ti/32GB Trident Z 2800/500gb 850 EVO/2* 250gb 850EVO/128gb SM951//HX750/Asus Swift PG278Q/Microsoft FFB2/Thrustmaster Warthog/Thrustmaster pedals/TIR 5/Windows 10/64

I extracted file to C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft and made a mission with the herules. The hercules shows up but I cannot control it as a player/client. Any ideas? TIA

That sounds like what happened to a few other flyable mods after recent updates. Is this mod compatible with the 2.5.6.57530 Open Beta?

That sounds like what happened to a few other flyable mods after recent updates. Is this mod compatible with the 2.5.6.57530 Open Beta?

I ran the v5.4 few minutes ago just fine on this exact beta version.

Thank you very much, the module is heaps of fun as it is.

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Like 1

Just to make sure, in the mission editor the playable C130 is called "Hercules". That's the one you've used?

Yes, the hercules not C-130. I see it moving/flying. I just can't control it as a client or player.

6600K @ 4.3/H100i GTX/Asus Maximus Hero VIII/Asus Tuff 3070ti/32GB Trident Z 2800/500gb 850 EVO/2* 250gb 850EVO/128gb SM951//HX750/Asus Swift PG278Q/Microsoft FFB2/Thrustmaster Warthog/Thrustmaster pedals/TIR 5/Windows 10/64

Hi,

I haven't installed the reshade but I have a huge fps drop with this mod. Maybe is because I'm using steam version of DCS?

Best regards

Yes, steam and the mod do not go along very well.

Either don't use the mod or use the standalone version until someone found a fix.

If you are having trouble finding the Hercules in your list of planes.,. check the status of your historical filter it needs to be off or it will not apear in the list along with lots of other stuff..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Anyone been able to get the cargo to be usable .. when I drop parachute cargo it hits the ground and goes right on through it...

I have the Cargo lua file loaded along with Recent version of Mist..

As I have added to a current mission I have got CTLD and CSAR lua scripts ..

I tried the included miz file but as the version has moved on that does not works its looking for an earlier version of the Herc...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

Also been having trouble getting it off the ground even with only 1 item in the cargo hold... does the rocket assist work?? they don't seem to for me..

Targs,

Moduls

So does it land happily on the SC module? :)

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

So does it land happily on the SC module? :)

See my post on page 4 ( post #68 ) from a few days ago. Got it on the first try (though the carrier wasn't setup properly so I can land into the wind). I'll post a better video later today.

It's worth noting that, just like the A-4E mod, the Herc lands quite happily on SC, but explodes on takeoff when it reaches the end of the deck. So, landing on SC is a one-time deal. But if you use the old USS Stennis instead, you can takeoff and land all day long. You just don't get the crewmen and all the other eye-candy from SC. And, of course, there is no communication...

hello everybody, and first of all thanky you for this amazing mod (and template)

i wanted to adress some concerns about problems i faced while skinning , I think until now everybody is using or making a one tone skin and doesnt notice these problems

my concerns are:

the two wings uses the same part of the skin so we cant make different patterns or markings on them this is a real handicape since for example i want to put a registration on one wing and a cocarde on the other

screen18.png

The top and bottom side of the aileron is the same, same thing for the vertical stabiliser, so wen cant paint them in different colour,( in my case the top is white and the bottom is grey)

screen16.png

screen17.png

• Like 2

Well, I have not seen anyone on YouTube do it yet so I tried it. Took the C-130 up for the first time and my first flight was in VR. I have not seen anyone try standing up and walking to the back of the ramp in flight. Holy shit! What an experience. I never thought I would get this in DCS so soon. This will be a phenomenal mod with friends in multiplayer. I have time stamped the YouTube video I uploaded so you can skip ahead. First was a test walk to the back ramp headed out of Vegas. Second was a walk to the back flying over Creech. So bad ass! I highly highly recommend it. Also be aware of real obstacles in the house. Got to having to much fun and walked into my wife's shelf. A wireless headset would be more ideal to moving around in VR, but damn is it worth it! GREAT job Anubis. PLEASE consider getting a team together to turn this bird into a 3rd party full blown module. I have already heard people who said they would never touch a cargo plane or transport saying they cannot put this down and have become secretly in love with her. Looking forward to future updates and what you might have in store for us. I will post some ground attacks soon in VR. Just got the keys bound today. No issues so far in single player.

• Like 2

v5.5 is out :)

Link in the first post

changelog:

Below is the changes included in this version

1: HEAT BLUR:

Heat-blur added to all 4 engines.

2:LOAD-OUT CHANGES:

Weapons split into categories.

Weights adjusted for each unit to allow for more load options.

New Units/Items added:

SA-13 Strela

ZSU-23-4 Shilka

SA-19 Tunguska

UAZ-469

to have the new units work the Hercules_Cargo.lua included in the main mod folder needs to be loaded.

3:COREMOD:

CoreMode created for Dedicated servers.

4.FLIGHT MODEL:

Aerodynamics adjusted to fit closer to real aircraft

A Special thanks goes out to:

Strider for the default textures

Mez for the updated Aerodynamics values.

Doc3908 said:

See my post on page 4 ( post #68 ) from a few days ago. Got it on the first try (though the carrier wasn't setup properly so I can land into the wind). I'll post a better video later today.

It's worth noting that, just like the A-4E mod, the Herc lands quite happily on SC, but explodes on takeoff when it reaches the end of the deck. So, landing on SC is a one-time deal. But if you use the old USS Stennis instead, you can takeoff and land all day long. You just don't get the crewmen and all the other eye-candy from SC. And, of course, there is no communication...

As promised, here's a better video of the Herc landing on Supercarrier at sunset.

Edited by Doc3908
  • Like 1

It seems in the new version if a Tunguska is loaded, guns and missiles are pointed upwards going through Hercules fuselage.

Also when droping cargo now a message spawns on the top right corner of the screen.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4