Leo Bodnar Boards Working in Windows But Not Working in DCS

Last night I tried to do a quick flight and realized that both of my button boxes (each powered by its own Leo Bodnar BUO836X Joystick board) were no longer responsive in DCS. I checked the USB plugs and they seemed fine. I exited the sim and went into Windows control panel and I was able to confirm that Windows is seeing both boards and that they appear to be functioning perfectly. I confirmed this by going into the Game Controller Properties Test window, there I could see a graphical representation of all 32 buttons. I pressed each button on both button boxes and was able to get the corresponding "button indicator" to light up in the Windows controller properties test panel. However, when I jumped back in the sim the buttons were still un-responsive. There were a lot of changes over the past few days. I've been building a new computer and so I havn't been flying at all. When I started up DCS last night there were some updates, I think SRS and maybe Steam VR. I've never had problems with those updates before though. Also, I just upgraded from a Pimax 8K+ to an 8KX. The reason I mention this is that the 8K+ gets its power from a wall plug, where as the 8KX gets its power from a USB that is plugged into the computer. The Pimax Headset seems to be working fine in that visuals are great, I had audio through the integrated headphones and I was able to get voice attack to work (so the mic works too). Has anyone had trouble with Leo Boards not working in DCS? This is a first for me...I've been using these boards for years and they always worked great.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Some more information here. I was attempting to re-map the buttons and I realized that my button mappings were actually transferred from one of my Leo Bodnar boards to the other. Is the problem here that Windows cant adequately identify the two boards as distinctly different? Anyone have any ideas about how to help windows keep track of these two separate controllers?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have two 64's and had that problem sometime ago never figured out the cause but it was after an update. I now save a cope of my profiles in for each module in is own folder outside of DCS that way a cope paste back into

save game folder usually fix.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I have two 64's and had that problem sometime ago never figured out the cause but it was after an update. I now save a cope of my profiles in for each module in is own folder outside of DCS that way a cope paste back into

save game folder usually fix.

@FOXFIRE TWOONE - that sounds like a really good idea. How do you save the "profile"? I didnt know that it was possible to save your button bindings as a profile.

Some more information here. I was attempting to re-map the buttons and I realized that my button mappings were actually transferred from one of my Leo Bodnar boards to the other. Is the problem here that Windows cant adequately identify the two boards as distinctly different? Anyone have any ideas about how to help windows keep track of these two separate controllers?

I renamed both of my Bodnar 836x boards using his renaming utility. Not sure if you do the same with the your type of controller. Check his website under “downloads and utilities”.

You may try running your BBI config exe. That my reset things.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64