BF-109 Aileron Trim (Tilts to right)

josuha1901

I just bought the BF-109.

I really like the plane.

Very maneuverable and responsive.

My problem is, I cannot find a way to trim the ailerons.

The plane constantly wants to tilt to the right.

I don't have this problem with the Spit, Mustang or Jug. (All have trim for nose and ailerons)

There is trim for the nose (up/down) but no aileron trim.

If anyone has a solution or can point me to where the aileron trim is.

Or, how do I trim the airplane so it doesn't tilt and want to go right, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

German fighters in general did not have in-flight adjustable aileron and rudder trims.

Only ground-adjustable (bent by mechanics) ones are available on K-4. By default the plane is set to fly relatively straight with cruise parameters (a bit above 1 ATA of boost and ~400 kph IAS), but you can change adjustment in "special" settings tab with trial and error method.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

... but you can change adjustment in "special" settings tab with trial and error method.

Yes but that will only move the "comfort zone" to another fixed flight condition. So in the end you have to use Roll and Rudder input to control your flight in all other conditions.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

^ Absolutely. @OP - in the end, it's something typical for German fighters (different design philosophy) and you just have to get used to it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I don't have this problem with the Spit, Mustang or Jug. (All have trim for nose and ailerons)

Correction, only one plane has aileron trim in DCS from warbird pack, and this plane is P-51 rest of them don't have aileron trims.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

^ Nah, correction to correction - P-47 does as well :).

oh forgot about this one, its new.

Anyway point was that most of rolling tendency you should cancel with rudder trim not aileron trim.

Problem is that while flying BF-109 it rolls even with ball centered so in my case i have to use aileron trim in settings in special tab

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I have this problem too. When my stick is centred the roll pitch indicator says I'm rolling right. Only happens in the 109. I have a similar problem in the spitfire where it will pitch up. I have the warthog and even in the axis assign it says my stick is centered

c8b64e500e41e9ee0994033eb7709ac4.thumb.png.93a633caf97441ec1cb2046a35f6ac81.png

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

I have this problem too. When my stick is centred the roll pitch indicator says I'm rolling right. Only happens in the 109. I have a similar problem in the spitfire where it will pitch up. I have the warthog and even in the axis assign it says my stick is centered

Keep in mind diamond on the indicator does not correspond to your physical joystick position, but to virtual controls position, and thus it's offset a bit depending on any forces from the airflow acting on them at chosen moment.

Keep in mind diamond on the indicator does not correspond to your physical joystick position, but to virtual controls position, and thus it's offset a bit depending on any forces from the airflow acting on them at chosen moment.

In the spitfire, Full down trim wont stop it from pulling up and trimming down doesn't move the indicator

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, razo+r said:

There is rudder trim present in the DCS 109 in form of you setting the position of the rudder by pressing the key combos. 

?????

I could've sworn the trim parameter in special settings is not adjustable in the mission.

You mean the "rudder 1 notch" command? Might be a solution for keyboard pilots, but wouldn't it be cancelled by twist stick or pedals input?

Edited by Art-J

32 minutes ago, Art-J said:

?????

I could've sworn the trim parameter in special settings is not adjustable in the mission.

Correct, you cannot adjust trim tabs in flight

32 minutes ago, Art-J said:

You mean the "rudder 1 notch" command? Might be a solution for keyboard pilots, but wouldn't it be cancelled by twist stick or pedals input?

Yes, you are right. I've always regarded it as trim so far...

And yes, the pedals to take priority over the key command.

You can preset the rudder and aileron trim in the Bf-109K Special menu. (Every plane with fixed trim tabs should offer this ability. Unfortunately only this one does.)

Sorry, see now this was mentioned already.

It's realistic. You should have to manually fight the trim when not flying at whatever speed you preset the trim for.

Edited by SMH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...