GRID

hawa0835

GRID coordinates are just another way of defining a waypoint. Any waypoint can be made the A/G designation (WPDSG pushbutton). The FLIR slaves to the A/G designation, whatever it may be. Tl;dr yes, but GRID is a coordinate entry method, it's not directly related to the FLIR.

Perhaps he's asking if there's a way to display MGRS/UTM coordinates on the TGP display?

+1 That is exactly how I interpreted the OP. I would also like to know this information, so I will reiterate what I believe the OP was asking:

With the incoming UTM / GRID coordinate format for the Hornet - will you be able to have the coordinates displayed on the FLIR in UTM/GRID format, rather than just the current lat/long format?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

+1 That is exactly how I interpreted the OP. I would also like to know this information, so I will reiterate what I believe the OP was asking:

With the incoming UTM / GRID coordinate format for the Hornet - will you be able to have the coordinates displayed on the FLIR in UTM/GRID format, rather than just the current lat/long format?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Probably not for our litening, unless you can find footage of Spanish litenings showing grid. Best wait for ATFLIR methinks.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2