Amount of G-tolerance the F16 pilot needs to use the F16s turn capacities

darkman222

No. The F-16 the Thunderbirds fly is no different than a combat coded F16 in regards to flight handling. There is modifications that are done e.g. removed gun system and replace with oil system, route smoke plumbing, remove JFS doors, and a few other mods, but it will not change how the aircraft performs. For example, this year they had a gray F-16 that they used for the better part of the season for training, and media rides. That F-16 was a loaner from the 64th at Nellis, but it is now in paint to be a full up red, white, blue F-16.

Thanks.

Buzz

No. The F-16 the Thunderbirds fly is no different than a combat coded F16 in regards to flight handling.

Panther...

Don't they fly with a different OFP than regular Vipers so they can perform some of their maneuvers without the GCAS Warnings going off?

(Not arguing...just something I vauegly remember hearing during a fighter drag.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Today I saw 10g's on the HUD in the Viper. I thought there was a 9g limiter in the Viper. Anyone else see 10g's on the HUD. I forgot to screenshot it.

There is no such thing as a "G limiter". The jet can pull way more than 9, I personally pulled 9.5 with ease in RL. Seen upwards to 10+Gs on some tapes before.

Panther...

Don't they fly with a different OFP than regular Vipers so they can perform some of their maneuvers without the GCAS Warnings going off?

(Not arguing...just something I vauegly remember hearing during a fighter drag.)

Possibly, but I don't see how that would change the flight handling, for aerobatic handling. I am not a OFP / flight handling SME so I can only read and interpret what I can.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I really appreciate all the contributions to that topic. Highly appreciated is the Thunderbirds video with the g-meter superimposed.

Sure the Viper can exceed 9 G. And the DCS Viper Pilot can take instantaneous extra Gs too. Thats fine, realistic but it's not the issue.

Sure you can fight dogfights with the current DCS Viper. Against ace AI or better try against real opponents on MP servers, while working around the G-locking DCS pilot. That might be rewarding too, sure thing.

But can we fly the current DCS F16 how it is supposed to be flown? That is the next question, which only can be answered when the weakest link in the chain, which is the DCS pilot is fixed.

What I try to do here, is to isolate the issue, which is the DCS Viper pilots g-lock modelling. So everything else has to be taken out of the equation before. Because we have the g-meter superimposed in that video, it does not matter what block F16 that was, how much fuel it had and how fast it was going, for the turn.

It just boils down to that if you put the DCS pilot under the same amount of Gs, for the same amount of time, as the pilot in the video, the DCS pilot will black out and probably crash.

There is no such thing as a "G limiter". The jet can pull way more than 9, I personally pulled 9.5 with ease in RL. Seen upwards to 10+Gs on some tapes before.

Possibly, but I don't see how that would change the flight handling, for aerobatic handling. I am not a OFP / flight handling SME so I can only read and interpret what I can.

Not sure it would...but I know the Blue Angles use a modified OFP for their Team and I remember an observer watching AR say something about a system not being affected because of their OFP. But that was a long time ago. Possible for the previous blocks they flew.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.