[ALREADY REPORTED] Bug when refueling.

Juanillo

Hi! I noticed a bug when refueling the plane. It happens on SP as on MP too. When u got external fuel tanks, and you refuel to 100%, those tanks arent refueled.

The opposite happen on f18. I you got external tanks those will refill at the same time as the internal one.

The solution is easy: 'Rearm' and delete the tanks. When finished, rearm again and put the tanks.

Greets!

Hi! I noticed a bug when refueling the plane. It happens on SP as on MP too. When u got external fuel tanks, and you refuel to 100%, those tanks arent refueled.

The opposite happen on f18. I you got external tanks those will refill at the same time as the internal one.

The solution is easy: 'Rearm' and delete the tanks. When finished, rearm again and put the tanks.

Greets!

Did you 'prep' the external tanks prior to AAR? There is an amount of time it takes, I can't recall off the top of my head but it is a few minutes. Switch is on the port (left) side console, aft of the throttles, that opens the refueling door - but that time is important to allow the external tanks to be refueled.

See this video:

It's around 4:15 into the video.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Did you 'prep' the external tanks prior to AAR? There is an amount of time it takes, I can't recall off the top of my head but it is a few minutes. Switch is on the port (left) side console, aft of the throttles, that opens the refueling door - but that time is important to allow the external tanks to be refueled.

See this video:

It's around 4:15 into the video.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Hi!

Sorry, maybe I didnt said some details.

That issue is when on ground. Dont matter what order do you ask for, if you land with any empty tank on your plane, not even thought ask for a 100% fuel these will not be refuelled.

Sorry if bad english, is not my languaje S:

Yes this problem actually had been reported several times, not sure why it has not been fixed (low priority?). Not a problem with hornet on supercarrier. I could land and refuel with center tank normally full (tested in MP).

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yes this problem actually had been reported several times, not sure why it has not been fixed (low priority?). Not a problem with hornet on supercarrier. I could land and refuel with center tank normally full (tested in MP).

Copy, well if it is a bug and has been confirmed - then good chance you are doing everything correct and I won't speculate on any procedural errors. Hopefully they can get the issue resolved, as it seems like a pretty big one to me and apparently I am not alone in that feeling....

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...

Still appears to be an issue, re-arm on ground doesn't replace empty centre line tank. Must remove and replace to get a fresh, full centre line tank.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

On 1/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, Sideburns said:

Still appears to be an issue, re-arm on ground doesn't replace empty centre line tank. Must remove and replace to get a fresh, full centre line tank.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:33 AM, NineLine said:

Already reported, thanks.

This is an issue for ALL aircraft that I own (except for the A10C as I never take an external fuel tank for it - but I suspect it would be the same result).

This bug exists for F16C Blk 50, F/A-18C Lot 20, F-14B.  Rearm and refuel via ground crew, get the copy.  Ground crew refuels the internal fuel tanks, rearms all stations - but if empty fuel tanks are on the aircraft, they remain empty.  You then have to "remove" the external fuel tanks via ground crew.  Wait for them to be removed and "rearming complete" - then back into ground crew and add the external fuel tanks back to the appropriate stations - then once "rearm complete" - your external fuel tanks are full.  Very annoying bug, been present for ages.

Using most current version of OpenBeta (as of 20210126).  No mods.  Repair run, no errors.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

5 hours ago, Ziptie said:

This is an issue for ALL aircraft that I own (except for the A10C as I never take an external fuel tank for it - but I suspect it would be the same result).

This bug exists for F16C Blk 50, F/A-18C Lot 20, F-14B.  Rearm and refuel via ground crew, get the copy.  Ground crew refuels the internal fuel tanks, rearms all stations - but if empty fuel tanks are on the aircraft, they remain empty.  You then have to "remove" the external fuel tanks via ground crew.  Wait for them to be removed and "rearming complete" - then back into ground crew and add the external fuel tanks back to the appropriate stations - then once "rearm complete" - your external fuel tanks are full.  Very annoying bug, been present for ages.

Using most current version of OpenBeta (as of 20210126).  No mods.  Repair run, no errors.

Cheers,

Ziptie

You know now you mention I rarely take F14 tanks back to base but when I do it has had the same problem, and I had forgotten it. Perhaps a moderator can move this to the appropriate DCS world bug section. I posted to re-highlight this issue in the hopes of an update, guess it is still reported and present for a year now.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

19 hours ago, Sideburns said:

You know now you mention I rarely take F14 tanks back to base but when I do it has had the same problem, and I had forgotten it. Perhaps a moderator can move this to the appropriate DCS world bug section. I posted to re-highlight this issue in the hopes of an update, guess it is still reported and present for a year now.

Agreed, this problem has been present for as long as I can remember now.  Really, really, really annoying.  

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine - one of you gentlemen able to "re-report" this or put this into the 2.5 bug section, rather than an aircraft specific bug channel please?

This is a very large issue, since it effects all aircraft.  Doesn't appear to discriminate in regards to aircraft, map, time of day, land or sea.  

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• ED Team

Hi, 

as mentioned this is reported, re-reporting it wont make it go faster sorry. 

I will ask the team about progress

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Wags unlocked and locked this topic