what's the strategy for flying F-15 on line?

i fell the days are gone where you can just jump on to hyper lobby and go flying ;(

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Perhaps an OT but from personal experience I'll say that if you fly one plane only and do the same things over and over it is very likely to get bored and demotivated. Try learn and become equaly good in ALL planes in LO and you'll see many new horizons to explore in HL.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Or any plane for that matter? I'm pretty much to the point this ain't worth it, might as well go back to off line.

In general, most new online pilots don't scan as actively as they should. Maybe it would be better if you posted what you do and what happens when you do.

i fell the days are gone where you can just jump on to hyper lobby and go flying ;(

You could be unlucky with the hour or day you log on to H/L, IMO its still a large community-ish, as Rhino4 suggested why not join a squad, Im sure you would benifit from that.

Flask.........(504th)

You could be unlucky with the hour or day you log on to H/L, IMO its still a large community-ish, as Rhino4 suggested why not join a squad, Im sure you would benifit from that.

Flask.........(504th)

Ohhh the 504th, I have heard of them.

The best 25 and 25t squad around i heard.;)

Or any plane for that matter? I'm pretty much to the point this ain't worth it, might as well go back to off line.

Sounds like you have been frustrated by not being successfull the first time. what did you expect?

Fllying online is the best fun you can have. the AI in SIM's have always been fundamentaly flawed. Playing against humans is the most fun.

What other games you paly online? Have you been successfull the first time you tried them?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You have much to learn padawan. I guarantee that you will find much understanding & information here. But if it is sympathy you seek- your search will not be fruitful.

If you have read anything on this forum regarding online combat since Feb. 2006- You have been told about:

joining squads..

getting on comms...

learning under ACE settings.. **

None of this is new. It has been posted on a dozen forums 100's of times. All the information is right there on the table. It is up to you to swallow your ego, and pull up a chair.

** Quote from "Kon Air" Lock on nugget site- from 2004

"Pilot- The most important piece here. Understand some things now.

1. This simulation is f*!# ing HARD. Leave your ego at the hangar. Whiners will be launched from CAT#2 in a Ford Fairlane.

2. You WILL spend lots of time studying, reading, training in Navigation, Instrumentation, Weapons, radar & sensors, other aircraft, and the capabilities/ limitations of all of it, friend and foe. You can set the "difficulty" settings to “retarded”- but you won't learn anything. Lazy console gamers need not apply.

Don't beleive me? Well- go ahead and spend weeks "learning" LOMAC on easy settings. Then- come get online & join one of the big public servers! rolleyes.gif You will get your clock CLEANED and bore of it quickly.

There is nothing more rewarding than learning the sim & flying it as it was intended to be flown. Don’t take the easy way. You won’t last. Lock on provides critical training classes in the game. Use them. There are also other pilots that have training sites for all sorts of LOMAC related stuff. Rich "Ironhand" Sorochak's "Flankertraining.com" is one of the best.

Flankertraining_Banner-1b.jpg

1) Take off.

2) Reach the highest altitude you can get to.

3) Head to those blips on RWR.

4) When in range, spam as much AMRAAM as possible in the general direction of enemy.

5) Turn back, and land with 4 happy kills.

6) Type "LOL" in the chatbox.

7) Repeat until you're sick of on-line deathmatch.

8 ) Join a squadron and experience the real thing.

• Like 2

Take F-15, take off, find enemy, fire, avoid missile and back to base with glory :D This game isn't especially hard, but you have to spend time to learn avoid missiles, tricks ect. For me in F-15 is hard to fight is close combats.... Without Helmet mode I am weak :S

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I only fly the F-15 or the A-10. The Su27 and MiGs are awesome in the game and I hop in them once in awhile just to drool :).

Seriously, the squad would be your best bet. Get familiar with the radar that is the key, you can do that off-line. And don't fly with is on all the time as it is a beacon for the enemy when playing on-line.

You do not want to get into a close A2A engagement with the Russian jets unless they are AI.....it can get ugly real fast. The AIM7 is your friend but not perfect and I'm saying that as I use to think the AIM120 was the best weapon for the F-15 period, it isn't.

Lastly IFF....and Awacs data can be a bit off at times and IFF :D

Thanks for all the info. I guess I should be more specific. I was too frustrated. Note I'm asking about F-15.

1) Radar - I notice the enemy jets turn them on or off alot. Should I be doing the same? Seems to give away position as maxum points out. How often to blink, when, any tactics?

2) ECM - on or off? Seems like the russian jets don't fire till <10 anyway so it just seems to give away position.

3) Which missile? As maxum points out, I though aim120 was best, but only recently have I started using the sparrow more because of the detection system on the russian birds, seems easier to avoid the amraam. But then again, I wasn't having much better luck with the sparrow.

4) What altitude? the russian jets seem to dodge in and out of the mountains. At least that's what I'm thinking cuz I lose them on radar all the time. I think I know how to use the radar, put the cursor where his range is and adjust the bars on the left to bracket his altitude. Then poof, he's gone. Being in an F-15, do I want to do the same or go as high as I can? Sometimes if I go too high, they sneak under my radar and never even see it coming.

5) Range to run? Is there a certain range I want to just high tail and get out of there? Since the russian birds/missiles are way better in short/med range.

The F-15

Its a great jet to fly.

IF you realy want to you can get 80 kills and no losses. Thats if you have the patience.

I useto have the will for that but its to much work.

Gotta ask, How?

Being very very smart and never giving in for lazy tactics.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P