[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Engine Oil Failure

Cerulean

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong in the A10C-II startup sequence or if this is a bug. I think it's a bug because sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. The left engine experiences an oil failure and shuts down. Sometimes in mid-flight, and today just taxiing to the runway. It's pretty much a game-breaking problem since it sucks getting halfway through a mission to have the engine randomly shutdown and catch fire.

I fly the DCS A-10C for almost 10 years now and never had this happening :huh:

Maybe there is something wrong with your button mappings and you're accidentally shutting the engine down?

Or maybe you're flying inverted for too long and the engine starves of fuel?

Can you upload a track of this issue happening, so we can take a look at it ourselves?

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I fly the DCS A-10C for almost 10 years now and never had this happening :huh:

Maybe there is something wrong with your button mappings and you're accidentally shutting the engine down?

Or maybe you're flying inverted for too long and the engine starves of fuel?

Can you upload a track of this issue happening, so we can take a look at it ourselves?

Sorry, I'm kind of new to this stuff. Do you mean video capture it when this happens? I could do that with OBS.

Sorry, I'm kind of new to this stuff. Do you mean video capture it when this happens? I could do that with OBS.

No, when you end the mission you can save a trackfile (replay) of the mission, which you can then upload here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oil failures (pressure, temperature, etc?) are an interesting failure mode. It would be helpful to share a track of such a start and taxi which results in such failures. The A-10 engines are normally well managed automatically. I struggle to think of anything you can do that would cause such troubles.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong in the A10C-II startup sequence or if this is a bug. I think it's a bug because sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. The left engine experiences an oil failure and shuts down. Sometimes in mid-flight, and today just taxiing to the runway. It's pretty much a game-breaking problem since it sucks getting halfway through a mission to have the engine randomly shutdown and catch fire.

Do you have random failures enabled? Random failures are a fun thing to have, and I use them. Sometimes the failure is recoverable / correctable - sometimes it is not and requires a return to base. Random failures is able to be turned on or off, via the DCS main menu options screen.

If this isn't the case, the others have stated a good way for you to share a track file when this situation happens to you again.

I've ignored commenting on your other thread, posted in the controller section - as it seems you've mistakenly placed it there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-a-10c-ii-tank-killer/controller-questions-and-bugs/7123547-a10c-2-startup-sequence

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Do you have random failures enabled? Random failures are a fun thing to have, and I use them. Sometimes the failure is recoverable / correctable - sometimes it is not and requires a return to base. Random failures is able to be turned on or off, via the DCS main menu options screen.

If this isn't the case, the others have stated a good way for you to share a track file when this situation happens to you again.

I've ignored commenting on your other thread, posted in the controller section - as it seems you've mistakenly placed it there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-a-10c-ii-tank-killer/controller-questions-and-bugs/7123547-a10c-2-startup-sequence

Cheers,

Ziptie

I've gone through several missions of "The Enemy Within Campaign" since the OP and can't replicate the issue now. I have no idea what caused it. Maybe it was a bug somehow specific to the earlier missions.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I forgot to mention, random failures was the first thing I checked. Not enabled. I still can't figure out what caused it. Will the A10C-II blow an engine if you keep it at full throttle? The Harrier can do that.

I'm not even sure the throttle has an intermediate setting. :)

Only when an IR missile is fired at you :megalol:

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria