2 HSI questions...

fitness88

1. How do I stop the black 'auto' box from popping up in the middle of the HSI? When I press the contrast button it pops up.
  2. HSI button 5 [tacan] has 2 extra lines of information below time to go, a 4 digit number and a 2 digit number, what are they indicating?

Thank you.

1. HSI button 5 [tacan] has 2 extra lines of information below time to go, a 4 digit number and a 2 digit number, what are they indicating?

Thank you.

[see Thewarblade answer below] and fuel remaining on arrival to station.

Edited by rob10
corrected first 1/2 of answer

2.1) expected remaining Fuel with maintain current Speed and Altitude.

2.2) 2 Digits tell you the top of decent on current Station/WP with idle throttle and maintaining 250 KIAS regulated by pitch. Keep in mind they calculated on Point without any offset like Glidepath or something else

1. it should disappear automatically some time after the last press of the contrast/brightness switch. it cannot be prevented.

2. one of those is remaining fuel at arrival i believe, the other i dont know

It goes away and returns every 30 seconds or so.

It goes away and returns every 30 seconds or so.

Sounds like you might want to double check any bindings for it. Seems like it is constantly being adjusted (probably a double bind from the recent update - it did all sorts of weird things to many people's key binds).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The first set of digits underneath the navigational data is the FPAS calculated fuel remaining the aircraft will have by the estimated time of arrival to that point. The second set of digits below that represents the calculated range remaining at which the aircraft should begin descent (e.g. begin descent when the number reaches 0).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/