F/A-18 Using the Targeting Pod Question

Petercove

Just wondering what the correct method to use when my targeting pod is locked with a solid cross on the ground about 20 metres from a tank (for example). Pressing TDC down several times wont release it from the erroneous target and hitting the "undesignate" button just causes the pod to fly off so far I run out of time and distance to target to search for and find the original target. Is there a method to just unlock the pod but stay in the same general area? Perhaps this a bug?

Cheers

PC

- TDC depress once to get the offset cross.

- TDC depress again to designate the point (this will be the point the TGP will diamond will slew to when you do the next step).

- SCS in direction of format (e.g., right if TGP is on the right DDI) to cycle out of point track. You should get a diamond at the place of the offset cross.

Just wondering what the correct method to use when my targeting pod is locked with a solid cross on the ground about 20 metres from a tank (for example). Pressing TDC down several times wont release it from the erroneous target and hitting the "undesignate" button just causes the pod to fly off so far I run out of time and distance to target to search for and find the original target. Is there a method to just unlock the pod but stay in the same general area? Perhaps this a bug?

Cheers

PC

You should also be able to SCS in the direction the FLIR is displayed, to cycle between INR, ATRK and PTRK. INR will allow you to slew the FLIR and re-designate with TDC depress when you are over your truly desired target.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria