Operation Pontus - upcoming dynamic DLC campaign for F/A-18C

Hey guys,

This is the thread to ask questions and discuss about the upcoming first DLC dynamic (yes, truly dynamic!) campaign for DCS, prepared by Greg, Petritis (who are best known for their "Argo" campaign) and yours truly (though 95% of the credit goes to the guys).

For starters, RedKite did a fantastic preview of the project:

We will also soon be posting FAQ and other useful documents, so stay tuned!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Yes, this is a reservation I have too. I am totally bored with the Caucasus. I know it's very tempting for mission designers to appeal to the biggest audience because everyone has this map, but it has been around since Flanker days.We have these lovely new maps which I fear will continue to go mostly unused. I bought Raven One, even though I really don't like the Hornet, partially to support BD and specifically to reward someone for making a non-Caucasus campaign. The newer maps also seem somewhat more believable for much of the DCS planeset.

• Like 1

Thanks for preview. I got idea how dynamism is handled now. Planning is bit complicated at first but great work in constrains of what DCS allows. Hats off! Just not sure how is dynamic time and weather is handled as this two cannot be changed via triggers or lua scripting within a mission. It will be predefined for each mission? I remember to see in trailer time and weather will be dynamic as well.

Jesus, can't wait to play it.

Re: Caucasus, with as many new campaign implementation features as we see with this campaign (i.e. the dynamic triggers), it makes sense to do the first campaign on a map that is a known and proven quantity. This isn't just about market share (although the management responsibility may turn off casual fliers and already make this a niche campaign), but about about being able to test the myriad of trigger combinations and be confident that any bugs or performance issues found are not due to the theater.

Now that the campaign system has been fleshed out, I would love to see something like this involving the F-14 in PG or Syria!

Disclosure: I am a minor voice actor in this campaign.