F-35 A/B/C Community Mod

On 12/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, CarbonFox said:

Will the HMD basically be the same as the JHMCS or have more complex features like with the Scorpion in the A-10C?

Sadly not because the HMD is locked behind the SDK which only 3rd parties get access to

• 1 month later...

Will we be able to A2A refuel with this mod?  Also, will the RCS be undetectable, or have a reduced RCS in the game to A2A and surface radars?

I believe that there might be limits due to the locked SDK which might restrict us from taking fuel from the tanker.

Edited by Skelator117
Add another sentence

7 hours ago, Skelator117 said:

Will we be able to A2A refuel with this mod?  Also, will the RCS be undetectable, or have a reduced RCS in the game to A2A and surface radars?

I believe that there might be limits due to the locked SDK which might restrict us from taking fuel from the tanker.

Well unless they use FC3 as a basis for the coms then we won’t be able to AAR unless they find a work around which I hope they have found a work around.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:09 PM, Sucklord said:

Very exciting.

Any update as of 1/23/21?

New progress update on YouTube now:

Includes the touchscreen PCD progress, F-35B VTOL, FLIR addition (although not shown yet) and more, enjoy!

pcd 1.png

unknown (2).png

• Like 6

On 1/29/2021 at 6:01 AM, aviation360 said:

Well unless they use FC3 as a basis for the coms then we won’t be able to AAR unless they find a work around which I hope they have found a work around.

I believe this will be a stand alone mod and will not be dependent on FC3.  From what I understand you might not be able to contact the tanker due to the SDK limitations.

I was wondering if you'd be able to do dry contacts if a basket is exposed.  Maybe a dissimilar flight with a F/A-18 (for the "C" variant) or F-16 (with the "A") could work.  The other aircraft could call the Tanker for the flight and then you could do a dry contact.  Just curious and just a thought.  Either way, I think this will be great to have the 5th in DCS!

19 hours ago, Skelator117 said:

I believe this will be a stand alone mod and will not be dependent on FC3.  From what I understand you might not be able to contact the tanker due to the SDK limitations.

I was wondering if you'd be able to do dry contacts if a basket is exposed.  Maybe a dissimilar flight with a F/A-18 (for the "C" variant) or F-16 (with the "A") could work.  The other aircraft could call the Tanker for the flight and then you could do a dry contact.  Just curious and just a thought.  Either way, I think this will be great to have the 5th in DCS!

Just a suggestion for the tanking issue.  Not sure it will work.  I'll give it a go though! 

the hardware system using the f-35 was ALIS 3.5 but it gave problems.

the new hardawarese system is called ODIN and will be installed on the F-35Tr3s while the previous ones will use ALIS.

remember that F-35 has Nuclear capabilities when it uses B-61 Bombs.

B-61_bomb.jpg

Edited by Xilon_x

On 2/8/2021 at 10:51 PM, Snip3r said:

@aviation360yeah that's what I was talking about. So that should make the jet harder to spot on radar. Would the rcs change based on what part of the jet you're looking at? (Ex. Front, side, back)

RCS is just a static value defined defined for each aircraft. AI values are defined in \DCS World\Scripts\Database\PlaneConst.lua / HelicopterConst.lua, and playable module values are typically defined in the \CoreMods\aircraft\[module_name]\[module_name].lua (e.g. \CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18C.lua).

• 2 weeks later...