[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

I guess this must have been reported already, but I couldn't see anything.

There is nothing holding any weapons onto the wings!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. What does that mean exactly?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I am quite proficient in the M2000c and every time we have a very long mission,

my Magics will stop working, the magic symbology on the hud will be flashing, and you cannot fire the weapon, the master arm on and magic select and the weapon will not fire.

Am I doing something wrong or this is a bug?

This happens after a long flight. for example we had a 4-hour mission yesterday and I could not use my magic after 2 hours.

Edited by Murdock_01

M2000c Pilot

:pilotfly:

No, this is the intended behavior, I really don't know the details but I think the cooling fluid for the IR seeker only keeps it cool for about 30 minutes, after that the seeker overheats (?), so basically you should prep those missiles only a certain time before a possible engagement. They explain this in the training missions, and I probably got lots of details wrong anyway, but I just know that if the missile is prepped for too long, it'll stop working

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Take a look at page 229 in manual :

4. MAGIC II P REPARATION . This button is used to trigger On or Off all MAGIC II

missiles Preparation (BIT & cooling of the seeker) and thus allowing/preventing

their use. The preparation is triggered by either powering up the aircraft, clicking on

the button or by selecting the missile related-mode on the PCA or using the HOTAS

selector.

Switching the preparation Off is used to save the MAGIC II seeker coolant supply

(nitrogen). There is enough supply to keep the seeker heads active for 90 minutes,

after that time the seekers become warm rendering the missiles useless. The missile

will take 30 seconds before becoming fully operational.

NOTE

Each time the preparation is reactivated (switched On) will shorten the

coolant supply by 10 minutes. Plan its use carefully.

Page 22915 - 2

SECTION 15

W EAPONS M ANAGEMENT

COMBAT

The button has two lights:

P:

Short for “Prêt” (Ready). Turns on when the MAGIC IIs are ready to use.

Blinking when they are undergoing the preparation process and Dark when the

missiles are in safe mode or no missiles are onboard

MAG:

Turns on when there are MAGIC II missiles aboard the aircraft.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

further issue in the 1.1.1 manual.

page 270, the caution statement says "In the M-2000C, the bomb release mode is determined by the bomb type. MK-82s, GBU-12, GBU-16 and GBU-24 all use CCRP through the

BL (Bombes Lisses, Free fall bombs) master mode. MK-82SE, BLG-66 use CCIP through the BF (Bombes Freinées, High drag bombs) master mode"

then on page 272 in the CCRP section, para. 3 states "This bombing mode is exclusive to Mk-82, BGL-66 and GBU series bombs."

I believe the statement on page 272 regarding BGL-66 is the incorrect statement.

Hi There,

I've noticed there is no way to bind the UHF and U/VHF channel selector knobs in the Mirage. I have rotaries on my HOTAS which are perfect for this function but can't bind them.

I found an older post which stated they were planned, but it was some time ago (Feb 2019): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232906

These binds would be very useful - as well as some additional ones like Master Arm On/ Master Arm off (to bind to switches).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

With the last open beta update, and possibly before that, it is not possible to tune flood lights intensity. Knobs act like a on/off switch.

This makes night flying highly uncomfortable. Please fix ASAP.

Moreover flood lights tank the performance...

I just updated to the latest open beta. With the exception of the “kneeboard on/off,” and one other kneeboard selection, ALL of the kneeboard commands are in orange, and I con’t assign a Warthog H.O.T.A.S binding to them. I’ve restarted the sim about five times with no change. I even loaded my old H.O.T.A.S. bindings from 2017 with no luck. I have checked my bindings. The bindings aren’t the issue. The issue is that you can’t even assign bindings to the kneeboard commands. I will try to run a repair to see if that works. I’ll edit this post with my results after I do. Admittedly, I haven’t gone into the M2000 for a few years.

Edit: After I performed a repair on the Open Beta, it turns out that the issue is related to the controls bindings, but it was an obscure problem. After much searching, and deleting the common ED binding duplicates, I noticed that all of the affected commands shared a common factor. I use my Warthog “pinkey” switch as a modifier. I deleted the modifier, and assigned the “pinkey” switch as a modifier again. That solved the issue.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Try a repair, mine is fine

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I just updated to the latest open beta. With the exception of the “kneeboard on/off,” and one other kneeboard selection, ALL of the kneeboard commands are in orange, and I con’t assign a Warthog H.O.T.A.S binding to them.

Sometimes the input config file(s) can become corrupt i.e. have conflicting, redundant or duplicate assignments.

AFAIK the only* reliable way to fix it is to delete your old input profile for the effected module i.e.

• "Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\M-2000C"

... and redo your keyboard and joystick assignments.

In my case, I take a backup of the old profile and open the .diff.lua's in Notepad++ for reference when redoing the assignments.

*you can open the "DCS World" default profile(s) and compare them to the "Saved Games" .diff.lua's to find the problem(s) but it's faster and easier to delete the old profile(s) and do them afresh.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 months later...