[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

He didn''t said anyting else. I 've asked, since the EGM has a separate button for magic (our decoy switch with the rotating safety mechanism IRL) and canon fire (the classic trigger), if the pilot can lauch a missile pressing the Magic button while he has a lock in CCLT. Answer was 'no, you have to switch to magic but it's only a button press' and he pressed the 3 way trigger on the throttle to the outside postiion

Yes, that's like the HOTAS of the Mirage 2000C RDM manual you can find on the web: gun trigger + BRM button on the stick (Bomb Rocket Missile)

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

This is a very small issue, but everytime I run a mission containing a Mirage 2000C, I get this error on the log:

ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'm2kc_12c' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

My DCS is totally clean, just repaired, no user mods, no user liveries. I use a nVidia GTX-970 card with driver "NVIDIA Display Driver Version 43630.r436_28"

I would like to know what causes this error and hopefully it can be solved.

Thank you.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Cold startup training gets stuck on "turn on the radios" step.

In radar training radar fails to detect either of C-130s even within visual range.

...the explanation of the past and the prediction of the future are not different operations, but the same worked in opposite directions, the one from effect to cause, the other from cause to effect. (A. Marshall)

Целенаправленная ложь ... создает своих демонов, искажая все: прошлое, вернее представление о нем, настоящее - в действиях и будущее - в результатах этих действий. (И. Ефремов)

Hey - thanks, I will update the manual. I removed the reference in M2 - updated training should be available with the next update.

ENC references still in manual and in TM 2.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The Cold Start issue was fixed and works fine in OB as BD said, and I didn't have any C130 issue in the radar TM.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The Cold Start issue was fixed and works fine in OB as BD said, and I didn't have any C130 issue in the radar TM.

Thank you, I'll switch to OB and try "Cold Start" there then.

As for radar tutorial, I tried it a couple of times more and everything worked fine, could be I did something terribly wrong on the first attempt.

...the explanation of the past and the prediction of the future are not different operations, but the same worked in opposite directions, the one from effect to cause, the other from cause to effect. (A. Marshall)

Целенаправленная ложь ... создает своих демонов, искажая все: прошлое, вернее представление о нем, настоящее - в действиях и будущее - в результатах этих действий. (И. Ефремов)

Ok, I know that this might sound incredibly weird... but it's been pretty consistent with my setup, so I cannot think about anything else than a bug.

A little background first: I have a Thrustmaster Warthog, and running a TARGET script (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454). When running scripts, TARGET usually hides all the physical Thrustmaster peripherals involved in the script itself, and replaces them with a Virtual Controller that is used to perform all the nice things TARGET allows to. However, there's an issue in Windows 10 where the Microsoft Store App, which starts at boot, "locks" all the input peripherals, and thus prevents TARGET to disable the individual hardware peripherals before creating the Virtual Controller. As a result, TARGET loads really slowly (about 30 seconds) because it tries to hide the peripherals without success, and you end up with both the Virtual Controller and each single peripherals in DCS. So, for me that I have Joystick, Throttle and two MFDs, that means a total of 5 peripherals in DCS (plus Mouse, Keyboard, Rudder and TrackIR). Anyway, when in DCS->Controls options, I can choose to just not care about the single peripherals, and only map my Virtual Controller. It's a bit annoying to see those extra peripherals that shouldn't be there, but whatever.

A few days ago I discovered an easy way to prevent Microsoft Store to start at boot, by simply go in Windows Settings->Privacy->Background Apps and disabling Microsoft Store. After rebooting the PC, Microsoft Store doesn't start anymore, so loading the TARGET script is blazing fast (5 seconds, more and less) and the individual peripherals are hidden. Happy me: no useless peripherals around and quick start. Yay!

Except this: don't ask me why, but the Engines START entry will be RED (and won't work with any key combo) if there's only the Virtual Controller. See the attachment.

I tried to assign various key combo to Engines START, but they won't work. The same combos assigned to any other controller works fine for those, but as soon as I assign a combo to Engines START, that one is simply ignored.

So I started wondering about the cause, and in the end I found that the issue is about which devices DCS sees. Specifically:

The Engines START entry is NOT red if:

- No Thrustmaster peripherals are connected, OR

- Joystick and/or Throttle are connected AND At least one MFD is connected

The Engines START entry IS red if:

- At least Joystick or Throttle is connected AND no MFD is connected

Which, honestly, is kinda crazy to me. I also tried a simple TARGET script, not the one I use regularly, and the issue is the same. Also phisically disconnecting MFDs and only keeping Joystick and Throttle connected results in this issue to be present.

I don't know what to think. I know it sounds crazy, and next thing I'm going to try is to completely wipe all TARGET software and Thrustmaster drivers from the PC and start from scratch. It would be great, at least for my mental health, that someone could prove me wrong showing that Engines START works fine instead and that this is something only on me.

I finally found the cause!

There's a conflict between Engines START and NVG Stow/Unstow in the default keyboard.lua file, as they are both mapped to RShift+Home. I changed NVG Stow/Unstow to LCtrl+Home and now the entry is not marked as an error anymore. I hope this fix can be included in a future release.

Edited by Lorthirk

Can somone tell me what is wrong with this image ??? :huh:

This is what I got spawned into for the M-2000 No Fly Zone mission. :noexpression:

[ATTACH]236042[/ATTACH]

Is everything broken about this module? :cry_2::censored:

& yes Im running stable.

The waypoint have to be in the FOV of the radar, that means that at the moment you click VAL, the waypoint should be able to show up on the VTB.

That means that if the display is at 40nm and your waypoint is at 60nm it won't work, or if it's behind you.

I'm not sure that's how it works IRL but that's how it works in the sim now.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The waypoint have to be in the FOV of the radar, that means that at the moment you click VAL, the waypoint should be able to show up on the VTB.

That means that if the display is at 40nm and your waypoint is at 60nm it won't work, or if it's behind you.

I'm not sure that's how it works IRL but that's how it works in the sim now.

From your explanation, it means the WP has to be within the radar line of sight arc, something I never thought of.

From your explanation, it means the WP has to be within the radar line of sight arc, something I never thought of.

Well, your current VTB setting has to be able to show it, since your radar is always looking "to the top" of the display at a given "zoom" (= radar range).

It's like looking for a spot on a folded part of a map - you will never be able to see it :)

EDIT: Or have a look at it this way: when displaying the WPs, the VTB kind of (!) overlays the radar with an invisible map.

Edited by TaleSpin

To add waypoint into the radar scope, I will do this ->

Prep -> <waypoint no> -> val

However, I've to do this multiple times to get it work and at times it won't.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

I don't know if it's relevant to your issue, but I have found that in certain missions it doesn't work.

Not sure if this can be disabled in ME, but certainly on some stock missions it doesn't work. Maybe some training or instant action. If I come across one again, I'll be more specific.

Yes, that's something I hope they fix. In the meantime just press the mission editor button when you are about to start the mission and move the closest F-15 a couple of hundred meters north.

Not the best solution but it works.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Yes, that's something I hope they fix. In the meantime just press the mission editor button when you are about to start the mission and move the closest F-15 a couple of hundred meters north.

Not the best solution but it works.

I tried to edit the mission & fix it but all it did was break it. :eek::confused:

when I hit save The M-2000 just disappeared :huh:

There was no player planes left in the mission at all :crash:

It also has a few other issues with some AI spawning too low & crashing into the mountains.:rolleyes:

I tried to edit the mission & fix it but all it did was break it. :eek::confused:

when I hit save The M-2000 just disappeared :huh:

There was no player planes left in the mission at all :crash:

It also has a few other issues with some AI spawning too low & crashing into the mountains.:rolleyes:

You don't need to go into the "real" mission editor but only the one popping up when you're at the briefing page. I don't remember exactly how it says but maybe it's "mission planner" or something like that.

Just move the F-15 closest to you, no need to save. Should work!

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

As per the description: some recent patch means that the radios in the Mirage no longer work unless the engine is running. This breaks the campaign that ships with the plane since much of the dialogue in that campaign (and others, e.g. the Red Flag campaign) is given with the engine cold.

Tested in Open Beta: 2.5.6.49314

Edited by Tomsk

As per the description: some recent patch means that the radios in the Mirage no longer work unless the engine is running. This breaks the campaign that ships with the plane since much of the dialogue in that campaign (and others, e.g. the Red Flag campaign) is given with the engine cold.

Tested in Open Beta: 2.5.6.49314

This is weird, I can call the ATC with engine OFF to start up.

Are you sure battery and radio are ON ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi