[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

Thanks for you further tests. Make sense that it's related.

Issue is that it's a random bug indeed, but still happen regularly as you state. Will try with one bomb on the related station (i guess it's station 7 showing --- as VTB offers a view from above IIRC)

Edited by Steph21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For more informations,

A few days ago, I did a repair, no change

Uninstall mirage then reinstall ... No change

Delete OB saved game folder ... no change

One of my friend did the test, he had the problem. Like me, he has to climb when bomb is released. If the diamond is on the horizon line in Hud, he had no problem !! By the way, I didn't try that test case. I have to do...

Edited by sunski34

I shall have a other look guys

EDIT

Testers have found an issue and we will keep looking at it to fix it

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

You can find there a source for the real alarm sounds:

When they are flying in the sim you can hear the bingo sound (09'40) then later on Lim sound (airspeed or aoa limitation) and eventually Red emergency sound.

Edited by Габихан

In the latest OB, with CNM switch in GUNs mode, you still get Magic tone and triangle target designation on the HUD. Even though the guns are selected and there's no way to fire Magic missile.

HdHxDgh.png

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Magic seeker can be still active with canon selected. We can see the MAV vertical scearch icon on the HUD near CAN. You get the DOM indication on the HUD when you are within range for a magic shot with AA canon selected. You have a magic lock and radar lock on your screen, as you get the triangle over your target. Of course you cant fire Magic as Canon is selected.

In your case, you just need to select magic on CNM command and shoot. Easy way to switch from canon to magic shot quickly as magic seeker is already locked on target.

Nothing wrong here IIRC

Edited by Steph21

Magic seeker can be still active with canon selected. We can see the MAV vertical scearch icon on the HUD near CAN. You get the DOM indication on the HUD when you are within range for a magic shot with AA canon selected. You have a magic lock and radar lock on your screen, as you get the triangle over your target. Of course you cant fire Magic as Canon is selected.

In your case, you just need to select magic on CNM command and shoot. Easy way to switch from canon to magic shot quickly as magic seeker is already locked on target.

Nothing wrong here IIRC

+1 :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Maybe just a 2000D thing? But definitely worth to ask the AdA.

That's the kind of thing that would stay the same across all Mirage 2000 variants.

The weapon system change, but they airframe, engine, fly by wire, fuel system stay pretty much the same. :smilewink:

They all learn on Mirage 2000B which is a twin seat Mirage 2000C, then pilots fly solo on Mirage 2000C, even those who will go on Mirage 2000D.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Except switching CNM from GUNs to Magic requires it to go through neutral position (3-pos switch), and that resets Magic seeker and returns it to boresight.

So the Magic lock obtained in GUNs mode is useless.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Except switching CNM from GUNs to Magic requires it to go through neutral position (3-pos switch), and that resets Magic seeker and returns it to boresight.

I don’t think you would loose the lock if you activated MAV mode.

Sorry, I can’t test, no 3 positions switch on my HOTAS.

Mirage fanatic !

A "normal" 4way Hat switch doesn't have this issue; I guess the thumb hat switch on the real grip works this way as well.

A "normal" 4way Hat switch doesn't have this issue; I guess the thumb hat switch on the real grip works this way as well.

IRL, this is a 3 position paddle on the throttle front face.

Middle is PCA select, right is gun, left is Magic 2.

Mirage fanatic !

Just tested it, and indeed you loose Magic lock with 3 position switch when going through CNM Neutral even with MAV search activated.

We would need feedback from Zeus on this. Not sure how it's handled in the real plane.

Edited by Steph21

Not sure how it's handled in the real plane.

In Mirage 2000E, according to real pilots i have talked, you don't loose lock, and that's the purpose of MAV, to have in the background an IR lock so you can switch quickly to Magic and take a quick shoot in case you are flying outside of CAN paramaters.

Can't imagine that it works differently in - C.

In Mirage 2000E, according to real pilots i have talked, you don't loose lock, and that's the purpose of MAV, to have in the background an IR lock so you can switch quickly to Magic and take a quick shoot in case you are flying outside of CAN paramaters.

Agree

Is it only with MAV mode ?

Mirage fanatic !

He didn''t said anyting else. I 've asked, since the EGM has a separate button for magic (our decoy switch with the rotating safety mechanism IRL) and canon fire (the classic trigger), if the pilot can lauch a missile pressing the Magic button while he has a lock in CCLT. Answer was 'no, you have to switch to magic but it's only a button press' and he pressed the 3 way trigger on the throttle to the outside postiion