[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

@Steph : Will test your tracks and add to the bug list ASAP.

Thanks. Will add some more for the JF17 Radar issue on RWR, FPS drops with radio altimeter and Max Seat height even if they are stated as fixed internally (just to keep track of them).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In DCS 2.5.6.45317, the key commands to adjust the Decoy Release Program knob are not synched with each other. Using the keys to move the knob up and down will move the knob by one with respect to the previous increment, but setting a discrete program (e.g. the keystroke for program 8) will not update the up/down to the proper array entry. For example, if you used the knob up command to set Program 5, then selected Program 8 discretely, moving the knob down would still choose Program 4 instead of Program 7.

To duplicate:

1. Assign keys to Decoy Release Program Knob Up and Down
  2. Assign keys to discrete commands (e.g. Decoy Release Program 06)
  3. Use the Up/down commands to select a program at least three positions away from the discrete program
  4. Select the discrete program
  5. Select up or down to see the program move from its old position rather than its discretely selected position

Edited by Home Fries

Thanks. Will add some more for the JF17 Radar issue on RWR, FPS drops with radio altimeter and Max Seat height even if they are stated as fixed internally (just to keep track of them).

I was about to say the same about the RWR and JF17 bug radar, and I'll be glad if you can do it. Don't have so much time at the moment.

Anyway, thanks Hell for the topic, very good initiative.

I'm hoping it'll help move things along a little bit faster.

Cheers !

It does matter. As you mention, bug only appear with JF17 radar in STT mode. On decoy's screenshot, the radar is in search mode (or TWS) so obviously you don't get the bug. If JF17 radar were in STT, then you could think his screenshot came from a version not yet released where issue is fixed.

Fair enough, you're right the bug only appears in STT (from the JF17 point of view) and it does matter for the dev to know how to fix it.

I said it doesn't matter because in game/combat, I need to know where the STT lock come from (I could guess using the previous spike in search mode, but you know) in order to take defensive manoeuvre.

Saw you post on the new thread for mirage track bug so thanks for that :thumbup:

Cheers !

JF17 on RWR issue:

Attached track file to show that when JF17 radar is supporting missile launch, it's displayed at the center of RWR, making impossible to know its relative position to our plane.

As a comparison, i've put a Mig 29 in the mission, it can be seen easily the difference of behaviour on the RWR when Mig 29 radar is supporting missile launch.

JF17 RWR.trk

Here is my contribution to the small compilation:

NVG and/or cockpits lights not adapted to the 2.5.6

Since the new light system brought by the 2.5.6 version, the night flights with the 2000 become a pain

We don't know how is it IRL, so we don't know if the gain of the NVG should be ajustable or not, but for sure, it's too high

For now, night pilots have to use this mod: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3303791/

Is it possible to adapt the NVG to the new light system please?

Here are two examples:

unknown.png

Screen_200220_174038.pngIn attachment the .trk

light knobs visually stop, but scroll continues

A small bug on the cockpit light knobs, when you put light to maximum scrolling up on the knob, there is no problem, it naturaly stops, but when you scroll down to shutdown the light, the knob visually stops at the "0" position, but you can continue to "scroll down", and when you want to scroll up to put light again, you have to scroll up without effect until you scroll enough to make the knob working again

In attachment you will find a zip getting the .log and the .trk

Thx for the work

reportInfinteScrollDown.zip

NVG_tooHigh.trk

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

The AOA HUD indication when landing is not functioning

I am doing mission 11 in the Red Flag Campaign and it’s not working.

When I try the Instant Action Caucuses Landing mission I see this functioning normally. The bug seems specific to RF mission 11

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The PCA panel doesn’t respond to mouse control.

The upper row will respond to key commands but not the lower row

HOTAS commands still work.

I’m experiencing this trouble in the Red Flag Mission 11. Don’t know if this is a bug specific to the campaign or a bug in general.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Question, where you using MAG or CAN? PCA bottom row is disabled when Magic or AA guns are the selected weapon. PCA bottom rown is enabled when the CNM (Canon-Neutral-Magic) HOTAS switch is in the N (neutral) position,

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Question, where you using MAG or CAN? PCA bottom row is disabled when Magic or AA guns are the selected weapon. PCA bottom rown is enabled when the CNM (Canon-Neutral-Magic) HOTAS switch is in the N (neutral) position,

Yes that was the problem. Thanks

Yep, bug also is: in DCS M2000 SPECIAL settings, the box "Show the AOA in the HUD" gets unticked by itself when ticking it, hitting "OK" and returning to the setting.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The AOA HUD indication when landing is not functioning

I am doing mission 11 in the Red Flag Campaign and it’s not working.

When I try the Instant Action Caucuses Landing mission I see this functioning normally. The bug seems specific to RF mission 11

Are you talking about the AoA value (DanielNL answered, it's now optional), or the AoA bracket visible in landing mode ?

For the later you need to select APP (APProach) mode on PCA top row. It isn't automatic with gear down.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

(DanielNL answered, it should be optional once fixed)

fixed :/

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What do you mean, its fixed?

I meant I "edited" jojo's reply in my quote to include that it is a bug currently, because jojo wrote it as if it's working currently ("DanielNL answered, it's now optional"), sorry for the misunderstanding.

I second that. if previously in Nav mode, when we go back to neutral after Magic or AA gun mode, the Nav mod does not come back properly and the PCA top row still in "attack/weapon" mode. To exit "attack/weapon" mode we need to manually hit the PCA MAG or CAS button (one or two times) to "reset" the PCA.

It happened also to myself. It's in the bug tracker, first it seems it was fixed but then the last state shows as partially fixed.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

New bug in latest Open Beta 2.5.6.45915

INS Bombing: Wrong units of measure for BAD Delta Altitude

When entering Delta Altitude for INS bombing on PCN in feet, systems takes it as meters and transforms it as feet before entering the value in the feet windows.

I have to calculate my Delta Alt in meters, to enters meters value in the feet altimeter box to get the correct delta alt in feet

Works fine if entered in meters in right window.

Attached a track where i show on F10 map that my target is 4.10 Nm at 066° from IP (IP being where the river goes into the sea) and target is 59ft higher than IP.

In PCN, i enter +00059 in left windonw on BAD Delta Alt, and it transorms it in 18ft (which is 59 meters). So i have to enter 180 in feet windows to get 55 feet displayed (roughly what i need).

INS CCRP delta ALT and rho units issue.trk

Edited by Steph21
Removed part on Rho issue, as it seems Zeus confirmed that Rho as to be entered in km (probably form feedback from AdA)

@MyHelljumper: you might turn crazy if you keep initial post updated.

I guess it would be fine for Zeus if we create seperate thread for each new bugs with a track file attached.

Let me know what you think, i'll create seperate thread for the bug above if needed.

Edited by Steph21

Hi to all with last update the IP bombing should be fix... but for my impression it is the same before patch, yes now I can release the GBU 12 but too far as usual from targhet

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Hi to all with last update the IP bombing should be fix... but for my impression it is the same before patch, yes now I can release the GBU 12 but too far as usual from targhet

Automatic release works now in CCRP. It hasn't been the case for months (years ?).

I do get a new issue that impact calculated release point as it messes up target location. It's described here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266905&postcount=15

You can check if you get the same issue, and try the workaround explained.

It should be easily fixed, just a matter of units.

There is also a bug with le standard radar vs CC modes. If the radar is in "Silent" mode and we select any CC mode, the radar exists the "Silent" mode (maybe this is intented, I don't know), but if we exist/Return to normal mode (Radar Unlock / Exist special mode), the Radar do not return in "Silent" mode, but still in "Emit" mode, despite the radar power switch position on the panel. To return in "Silent" mode, we must manually change de radar power switch position.

This one is fixed in latest Open Beta