[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I noticed something while flying on the red flag campaign by Baltic Dragon. I usually fly with my PCN selector on Temps Restant/Vitesse Sol, but when switching to Distance/Relèvement I noticed my FPS tanked hard.

It's pretty easy to reproduce, and extremely noticeable and annoying in VR.

OB 2.5.4.26825 with the springload fix applied

i7 4790K, 1080ti, oculus quest+link, winwing f18 hotas, MFG crosswind

custom AB2 pit

Hello,

I noticed something while flying on the red flag campaign by Baltic Dragon. I usually fly with my PCN selector on Temps Restant/Vitesse Sol, but when switching to Distance/Relèvement I noticed my FPS tanked hard.

It's pretty easy to reproduce, and extremely noticeable and annoying in VR.

OB 2.5.4.26825 with the springload fix applied

Yes, it look like it's from last update, I don't recall any FPS drop before.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I can confirm that bug. I can also reproduce it in the red flag campaign. It´s definitely the radar altimeter that causes massive fps drop. It´s not at the beginning of a mission, but after a while flying high and then going low. I can sometimes barely land with the radar altimeter on.

Data

I can confirm that bug. I can also reproduce it in the red flag campaign. It´s definitely the radar altimeter that causes massive fps drop. It´s not at the beginning of a mission, but after a while flying high and then going low. I can sometimes barely land with the radar altimeter on.

Data

I don't understand, this is not about the radar altimeter, this is about the D/RLT mode on the PCN :huh:.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I don't understand, this is not about the radar altimeter, this is about the D/RLT mode on the PCN :huh:.

For those who are not as well versed on the Mirage, what does the D/RLT mode do when you activate it on the PCN?

After the last update on DCS 2.5.4 (release version not beta) I am seeing some drops in frame rate. I don't know what's causing it, but generally always fly with radar altimeter on. So I am interested in finding what's changed from a couple of months ago?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

D/RLT displays range & bearing to "data" waypoint.

Data waypoint being the one displayed on PCN, DEST waypoint being the one you're being guided to by IDN and HUD cues...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The option "do not mount DDM sensors" in the aircraft advanced properties tab does nothing.

f0y5OdC.jpg

gIC9MYU.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

For what it's worth it's only a visual bug. If you check that box the sensors look mounted, but they don't actually work.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

2.5.4.26552 Full release version. Problem persists, no manual tuning no matter where the rotary is set.

Also in a mission created in the mission planner, wingman and flight ignore radio commands, ATC ignores requests etc. when realistic radio is selected from DCS main menu. If Easy Radio Comms is selected from the DCS main menu, the radio works?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Again.

Manual tuning IS WORKING. Not as before but you can make it work:

Just change VHF to manual and then MOVE one rotary to any number to make the frequency change. Then move back to desired frequency. Same to came back to Preset. Change to preset and then move the Channel selector once to make the display show the change.

With this im not saying this is correct, just how you can turn arond the issue.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Weirdly enough, even though I'm still on OB 2.5.4.26825, the stutters are gone for me, both for D/RLT mode on the PCN and the radar altimeter at low alt.

I don't know if there was a silent update of the open beta when they updated the stable version or if it was my system that played a trick on me, but it's running well now.

And the Mirage is still a blast :thumbsup:

i7 4790K, 1080ti, oculus quest+link, winwing f18 hotas, MFG crosswind

custom AB2 pit

I just bought M2000c in Steam.

Im trying to do the first training tutorial, the Cold Start.

Im using the Logitech mouse Proteus Core and I have assign some shortcuts to the mouse buttons.

I assign L_Alt + C to fast change between mouse cockpit clicks and views, ans shortcut o accelerating time and other related to time.

When Im doing the tutorial, sometimes everything becomes slugsh, the DCS becomes too slow to respond, my mouse clicks starts to be interpreted as wrongs commands, the game menu where I can click to quit the game doesn't respond to mouse clicks, I cant open task manager to kill the DCS because the screen keeps above everything.

The game is running at about 60fps with current configs Im using.

Im using Windows 10 and I dont know whats happening. I dont have this problem with any other game.

There's another problem with mouse movement too. The view is not changing softly, like if some stuttering is happening. Long time ago this problem was solved setting the mouse polling rate to 500 instead of 1000.

Now it doesn't solve the issue.

Some ideas?

After dozens and dozens of touch and to go patterns in the last year,

i have found that sometimes the AP doesn't reengage when the stick

AP override switch is released (still yellow and not green on the AP panel).

The problems occurs , according to my observations a) when establishing wing levels on downwind and releasing the AP switch, to hold the pattern altitude and trim the aircraft for the respective speed. In that case , sometimes i have to press and depress again the AP button to force the AP to work again, in rare cases i have to disengage it completely with the AP disconnect switch and engage it again

2) When on final course to the runway and i momentarily release the AP override to fine tune trim configuration for landing (as shown in this video

see 3: 06). The AP doesn't engage and reengage but remains on yellow.

The problem doesn't happens always but i see it often.

Edited by jaguara5