F/A-18C instrument lighting panel knobs

Hi, I'm working on building a F/A-18C instrument lighting panel for myself. I'm having trouble finding 3D files (CAD/STL) for the lighting knobs:

1927481355_ScreenShot2020-10-27at10_15_04AM.jpg.1f7518a5226e2cc5a16bcca7cead77f5.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find those? Thanks!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Openhornet.com

There are solidworks files

Thanks Rapti!! I'll check this out.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

On my shapeways site if you don't have a 3d printer https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

Thanks Deadman! I do have a 3D printer but if I can't get the results I want this is a good backup source.

Hi, I'm working on building a F/A-18C instrument lighting panel for myself. I'm having trouble finding 3D files (CAD/STL) for the lighting knobs:

Does anyone know where I can find those? Thanks!!

I have a bunch of Hornet STL files available, including the lighting knobs at my GitHub site. From the front page, go to STL Files --> Knobs. I think the ones you're looking for are named "...Quad," "...Triple," and "...Flat Sides." All are designed to fit 18-spline 6mm potentiometer shafts.

• Like 1

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a bunch of Hornet STL files available, including the lighting knobs at my GitHub site. From the front page, go to STL Files --> Knobs. I think the ones you're looking for are named "...Quad," "...Triple," and "...Flat Sides." All are designed to fit 18-spline 6mm potentiometer shafts.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, THANK YOU!! I'm enjoying checking out your project too. Nice work! I wish I would have found your site earlier before I had to learn about editing the .lua joystick files to work with ON-OFF switches. I like how you maintain the joystick edits in a separate file. A lot of good information you posted that I plan to read through. Thanks again!!

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, THANK YOU!! I'm enjoying checking out your project too. Nice work! I wish I would have found your site earlier before I had to learn about editing the .lua joystick files to work with ON-OFF switches. I like how you maintain the joystick edits in a separate file. A lot of good information you posted that I plan to read through. Thanks again!!

Happy to help, glad you found it useful! Let me know if you have any questions as you build your pit--there's a lot to figure out as you go through this.

ColdFront_WI

Home-built Hornet pit, detailed plans available on GitHub

Virpil WarBRD base, TM Hornet/Warthog grip, TM Warthog Throttle, Logitech G Pro rudder pedals

MSI MPG Z390M, i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz with Noctua NH-D15, RTX 2080ti FE, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I found your knobs on Thingiverse this morning.  Thanks!

They work on my Winwing panel, printed in PLA from an Ender3.

I do have to drill them out to get them to fit over the switch handles though.  I really wanted this to help identify switches when in VR.  I plan on mapping everything but the lighting knobs and the ground power panel as close to the real cockpit as possible.

That said, do you have a plain rounded handle similar to a switch without a handle?  I ask so that there could be a 3d printed handle on every switch, even those that wouldn't feel much difference in shape.  At least that way I could have the same physical material feel on every switch.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)