Which plane for supercarrier?

Hi,

Typically I am an Helicopter Pilot, but I would like to learn flying jet figthers as well.

In the early beta I purchased the supercarrier. What's still unclear for me, which jets are compatible with the supercarier(missions). I don't see any missions in the start screen, so I think i don't have the right jet.

I hope anyone can help me?

Many thanks in advance.

BR

Andy

For specific aircraft you're looking at ones like the F/A-18C, F-14B, and you already have the Su-33 included in your purchase (for the Kuznetsov Russian carrier). But anything will land on it.. UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2. A-10's, Spitfires... anything. I believe only the Hornet and Tomcat are configured to use the catapults.

F-14B has some SC instant action missions for Caucasus and PG. The included free campaign has the SC cold start version too. Many user made missions and campaigns also include SC. Raven One as a paid DLC for the Hornet also requires SC.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 months later...

As previously mentioned, the Tomcat(s) and the Hornet are Supercarrier compatible. Those two have missions made for them by their developers that come with the plane package(s). The Harrier can land on it as well and I'm sure take off but I don't believe any missions come with it.

The Kuznetsov/Su-33 package that came with SC is fun and challenging, just not to the level of interaction the DCS Nimitz-class carrier is. The wonderful A-4 mod is also SC capable with minor SC glitches, if you are interested in those things.

With the free trials going on, it's a perfect time to see what's out there for you.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 2 weeks later...

If I get it right, every (at least modern) US-jetfighter has a tailhook. At least the F-16 has it modelled in DCS (just recently jumped in a F-16 after I crashed my Huey and simped the exterior modell 😅 )...

I wonder if that means that the F-16 (e.g.) could land on a carrier? Or is it only for short runways on land?

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

6 minutes ago, Hiob said:

If I get it right, every (at least modern) US-jetfighter has a tailhook. At least the F-16 has it modelled in DCS (just recently jumped in a F-16 after I crashed my Huey and simped the exterior modell 😅 )...

I wonder if that means that the F-16 (e.g.) could land on a carrier? Or is it only for short runways on land?

In real life the USAF hooks are for emergency airfield landings. They would be ripped off if you tried a carrier landing.

In DCS, the hook might survive, but in the F-16 at least the pilot cannot retract the hook.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files