External tanks fill up when AAR?

EasyEB

IIRC AI has never fueled their externals, I'm referring to all aircraft AI, not just the F-16. Previous discussion

The Viper has no method to stop fuel to the externals during refuel, without ground crew assistance with a lockout device.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

For players at least, you have to be in AAR mode for 5 minutes before you can put fuel in the external tanks. Not sure if this applies all the time or only if the tanks are partially full.

Why is this? never had an issue refueling with partially filled externals.

For players at least, you have to be in AAR mode for 5 minutes before you can put fuel in the external tanks. Not sure if this applies all the time or only if the tanks are partially full.

4 minutes IRL, but that pressurization stuff isn't modeled in DCS. You can just fill them up instantly.

4 minutes IRL, but that pressurization stuff isn't modeled in DCS. You can just fill them up instantly.

Actually are you sure it's not modeled? In the early access guide it has the following

This should be done 3-5 minutes prior to refueling with external fuel tanks to depressurize the tanks and allow them to be filled.

Maybe the guide is just future proofing, but it seems like if this is not the case already it will be in the future.

Actually are you sure it's not modeled? In the early access guide it has the following

Maybe the guide is just future proofing, but it seems like if this is not the case already it will be in the future.

Yes, I tank daily in my squadron during our ops. It's never been modeled, so we don't bother with the procedure anymore to save time. Hopefully it comes in one day.

• Like 1