The Glorious F14A

Victory205

Hi, with the stabs, it’s the angle - there is no anhedral when there should be.

If its there its gotta be tiny. I sure as heck can't see it. As far as the cockpit goes in the B, the wrong Engine displays and no oxygen panel are the biggest glaring problems in my book, and on the outside 3D model the untextured bottom sidewinder rails on the gloves stand out to me much more then the stabs, if they are indeed wrong.

78b3e4bcae978b73cf0f0560fd083d73.thumb.jpg.339c9600c556d2b2f2585bc1f9b1206b.jpg

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

If anyone seems to be upset here it's you Gary. He's not wrong, a LOT of US fighter jocks over the years have responded exactly the same when asked minutea about their jets. They were too busy working the jet, looking for drips and things out of place on their preflights. Just like all the Special Forces guys I've been asking for the last 10 years who couldn't tell you much about the rifle they carried except they were smoking Taliban with it from 700 yards off in 2002. It's not actually that unusual to find military professionals at the highest levels who are not that interested in the minutea of their tools, only that they worked or didn't work.

And you've been told by no less than 2-3 other people who have been keeping track of these visual issues here that it's on the list, and yet here you are. Am I bothered about the wrong NACA ducts and the misalignment of the engine nacelle textures? Sure. But I also know how much the model guy(s) have on their plate right now in terms of priorities, so I'm just going to skin around it and come back whenever it's fixed and update my skins.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

If anyone seems to be upset here it's you Gary. He's not wrong, a LOT of US fighter jocks over the years have responded exactly the same when asked minutea about their jets. They were too busy working the jet, looking for drips and things out of place on their preflights. Just like all the Special Forces guys I've been asking for the last 10 years who couldn't tell you much about the rifle they carried except they were smoking Taliban with it from 700 yards off in 2002. It's not actually that unusual to find military professionals at the highest levels who are not that interested in the minutea of their tools, only that they worked or didn't work.

And you've been told by no less than 2-3 other people who have been keeping track of these visual issues here that it's on the list, and yet here you are. Am I bothered about the wrong NACA ducts and the misalignment of the engine nacelle textures? Sure. But I also know how much the model guy(s) have on their plate right now in terms of priorities, so I'm just going to skin around it and come back whenever it's fixed and update my skins.

“Looking for drips and things out of place on their preflights”.

And my point was - surely someone who knows their airframe, would notice if the stabs were bent out of true?

Im not upset fella, I assure you. But half the mindset of a pilot, is KNOWING your aircraft. Performance wise, and physically.

There were just a few things that struck me as odd in prior posts. I apologise for bringing them up.

Switches safe, knock it off - knock it off.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

We didn’t preflight the stabs, they were twenty feet past the edge of the deck with a sixty foot drop into the water. Just walked to the scupper, peered out there and said “yep, looks like they’re still there...”

If you were a fighter pilot, then you should be used to taking abuse for being pedantic.

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

Trust me, no one who flew the aircraft cared about such minutia. We were too busy working to find the best tactics to fight the aircraft and facility the airwing and battle group put ordnance on target.

Brits are different. They tend to worship aircraft, collect Bureau Numbers and worry about setting up fly-by's and ceremonial events (the French were almost as bad). We had a crew do a static display during cruise and they said the airshow patrons would come up and asks questions, like, "do you have the TF30-P414A mod three mark zero with the dash 6178943771 blades in the fourth stage compressor section yet?

Charming, but WTF? ;)

Guess what, we called the AN/ARC−159A "The Radio" and the AN/ARN−84 "The TACAN". Anyone who corrected the person using the latter terms was stuffed into the nearest shit-can... ;)

There were a lot of esoteric aspects to the weapons system that I didn't want to know too much about in terms of how it functioned. Go torture the RIO, he knows more than me sort of thing...

lmao

god i wanna hear some.more slight brit and french bashing from a fighter jock but dont feel like the uproar response.. too lazy to pm a guy idk...

ill settle for remembering my f4 wso dads snarky comments

• Like 1

Yes a question to HB- for the love of god please tell me the b will have the digi engine displays and the a the correct ones? And please fix the oxygen panel thing too.. (reffed near top) i mean its part of where we do all our flying

Not immediately. See this from the Development Update:

Hey guys, first of all: sorry for my absence lately, crunching hard on the campaign to get it ready, so I am avoiding the forums a bit on purpose atm. Once I am finally done, I will give you guys more attention again, suffice to say your comments and wishes are being still registered just as before, even if there is no immediate reply atm.

That out of the way, let me answer some of your questions:

• The digital EIG for the F-110s is of course still on the list and will follow the general instrument swapping that will be needed for the older A variant. It has neither been scratched nor forgotten.

So, not yet.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

not true

someone on this forum a week ago speculating said 'well we wont get it oct the next patch isnt until nov 4. It must be then'

a HB staff member sent him a mensa link with a winky emoji

its the 4th

id put money on it

Bit late to the game here but I did put that message out intended for HB, it looked unlikely they wouldn't make Oct as Oct patch was moved so it was intended as a subtle message that they want to revise their October patch statement. I didn't mean to imply I thought they would make the 4th. Unfortunately my later message clarifying this was removed for unknown reasons. Regardless looking forward to the F14a and Forrestal release.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Almost 90 hours in the F-14B here (with a pilot profile exclusivelly for it), and more than 400 landings mostly in the Carrier !

Whoa.....and i though i wasn't flying often enough! :bored:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I have been shouting this from the rooftops all year lol. I really badly want the late 80s VF-1 skins, honestly all the VF-1 skins from the 80s rock. I really hope that VF-1 is not just confined to the single 70s high viz.

I feel this too. In early '93 I got to plentifully touch one of the low-viz VF-1 cats on board the Ranger when it was docked in my home town in Western Australia returning from the Gulf. The high-viz CAG bird was securely roped off but the low-viz (can't remember the number though) was out in the open for all to touch, caress and poke - my hands were beautifully black and greasy by the end of it. The tactile connection was amazing, I seriously think it stands out far, far more than my first time with a girl. It was a real PR exercise. I even remember my dad lifting me up so I could look down the vulcan tube. The plane's driver was also available to answer the public's questions. I think the ship and squadron were on their way back to the US for decommissioning.

Even though the Black Lions are my favourite the Wolfpack will always hold a dear sentimental place for this reason. Memories.....

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

I have been shouting this from the rooftops all year lol. I really badly want the late 80s VF-1 skins, honestly all the VF-1 skins from the 80s rock. I really hope that VF-1 is not just confined to the single 70s high viz.

Like the VF-84's, It kinda didn't make much sense to have them before the A model was around though.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Same here. VF-1 was actually quite varied in their liveries over the years. Plus, they spent most of their F-14 time aboard Ranger and assigned to CVW-2, so it's only logical that we get more of those skins.

I feel this too. In early '93 I got to plentifully touch one of the low-viz VF-1 cats on board the Ranger when it was docked in my home town in Western Australia returning from the Gulf. The high-viz CAG bird was securely roped off but the low-viz (can't remember the number though) was out in the open for all to touch, caress and poke - my hands were beautifully black and greasy by the end of it. The tactile connection was amazing, I seriously think it stands out far, far more than my first time with a girl. It was a real PR exercise. I even remember my dad lifting me up so I could look down the vulcan tube. The plane's driver was also available to answer the public's questions. I think the ship and squadron were on their way back to the US for decommissioning.

Even though the Black Lions are my favourite the Wolfpack will always hold a dear sentimental place for this reason. Memories.....

They sure were on the way back for decommissioning. The August 1, 1992 - January 31, 1993 deployment was Ranger's last. VF-1 was disestablished October 1, 1993. Initially, the plan was to have both VF-1 and VF-2 upgrade to the D-variant.

Like the VF-84's, It kinda didn't make much sense to have them before the A model was around though.

I agree. Dressing up the F-14B with skins of squadrons that never operated the B-variant never seemed right to me. The A-variant had the best liveries, though.