VKBSIM - What gives?

Dangerzone

I ordered a T-Rudder pedal from VKBSim. Being in Australia the main site won't deal with us and sends us through to Aliexpress instead. OK. No problems.

I placed an order with them 2 weeks ago. Never heard anything from them. Last week I had funds withdrawn from my account and then later that week the order was cancelled. No communication, no explanation, nothing. I sent off a message via Aliexpress to try and resolve but never heard anything back.

I see over the weekend I have received a refund, but not for the full amount - shortchanged around $8.

I see via feedback on Aliexpress others seem to be getting their orders.

Very disappointed. From the reviews on Aliexpress it seems that this is not the norm and I would really like to purchase one of these units but not at the risk of continually losing money if I place an order again and it's cancelled. I seem to have no way of contacting them (as they're not responding to messages left) to discuss with them further and was wondering if anyone knows of a direct email address I can use where they will deal with Australian customers?

OK - upon further investigation - it seems as though the difference in price is the bank charge for an international transaction. Looks like I'm going to be charged this for every (failed) order I place through, so I'm looking for a safe way to place an order for VKBSim that's not going to result in my order being cancelled again and lose more money to the banks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - especially if anyone else from Australia has been able to successfully place orders.

Gday!

I looked into the matter. The problem is (better to say, the problems are) that Aliexpress sees all Australia as one delivery zone, while in actual fact there are many remote areas. Mail operators impose surcharge on shipments to those locations. We had a signal from Aliexpress when the mail carrier asked for $20 premium, and our staff tried to contact you several times asking to pay the above sum. Their requests were probably not received for some reason, or trashed as potential spam. Then, by Aliexpress rules, if the goods are not mailed out, they automatically cancel the order, and issue refund. It _is_ a shame, and we hate it no less than you do, but the intermediate banks don't care whether you received the goods, or not, and whatever else, they just keep their service fees regardless.

So basically, I am sorry for what happened, but it was a mishap.

Now.

Aussies, if you want to buy our goods, please don't do it through Aliexpress. EU dealer serves Japan as well as he serves the EU, and there is no reason he wouldn't serve your area until we finally open a dealership in your country. Alternatively, contact our sales team by email. They help. It works. They already know you would be contacting them.

Edited by AeroGator
  • Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Gday!

I looked into the matter. The problem is (better to say, the problems are) that Aliexpress sees all Australia as one delivery zone, while in actual fact there are many remote areas. Mail operators impose surcharge on shipments to those locations. We had a signal from Aliexpress when the mail carrier asked for $20 premium, and our staff tried to contact you several times asking to pay the above sum. Their requests were probably not received for some reason, or trashed as potential spam. Then, by Aliexpress rules, if the goods are not mailed out, they automatically cancel the order, and issue refund. It _is_ a shame, and we hate it no less than you do, but the intermediate banks don't care whether you received the goods, or not, and whatever else, they just keep their service fees regardless.

So basically, I am sorry for what happened, but it was a mishap.

Now.

Aussies, if you want to buy our goods, please don't do it through Aliexpress. EU dealer serves Japan as well as he serves the EU, and there is no reason he wouldn't serve your area until we finally open a dealership in your country. Alternatively, contact our sales team by email. They help. It works. They already know you would be contacting them.

Thanks very much for replying AeroGator! I'm very comfortable dealing with the EU dealer directly instead of Aliexpress so will look at contacting them for further instructions. The only reason I went via Aliexpress is because it was the instructions on the where to buy page https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=13026 for Asia-pacific linked directly to Aliexpress. Could I please kindly request that you update this page to advise the above to save other Aussies the hassle. :-)

Very muchly appreciated. Thank you.

The only reason I went via Aliexpress is because it was the instructions on the where to buy page https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=13026 for Asia-pacific linked directly to Aliexpress.

I am so glad I found this thread - I am also in Australia and was about to order the VKB rudder pedals on Aliexpress - because that is the sales site LINKED ON THE VKB WEBSITE!!!??

Anyway, Dangerzone, please keep us updated on your experience ordering the pedals to Australia - cheers!

I am so glad I found this thread - I am also in Australia and was about to order the VKB rudder pedals on Aliexpress - because that is the sales site LINKED ON THE VKB WEBSITE!!!??

Anyway, Dangerzone, please keep us updated on your experience ordering the pedals to Australia - cheers!

I send through an email 24hrs ago direct to the sales@vkb-sim.pro email as suggested - and haven't received any response to-date. Not sure if they're ignoring international emails because they expect us to go to Ali-express. I'm now going to try the Europe distributor instead and see if I can get a response back from them. Maybe you can email both too Joe and see if you get any response incase I don't?

Will do - I'm sure they'll give us an awesome deal for our 2-person "group-buy"!! :)

No message back from UK, but have a message back from sales@vkb-sim.pro in my inbox today and will keep you posted on how it goes. Sounds like that may be the best email to use for your order.

I dunno - us Aussies causing problems again by living on the wrong side of the world... sheesh'. ;)

Just an update. I've heard back from them on Friday. Options are to order direct and pay via Western Union, or to order through Ali Express again. I'm leaning towards Ali Express now that I have contact via email so I know if something goes wrong I don't need to rely on Ali Express messaging but can talk directly if needed.

The problem as I understand it is that shipping requires extra charge for Australia being remote in addition to what's already charged and Ali Express doesn't do this automatically. I was told to place the order but not pay and wait for a updated total amount but I couldn't find a way of placing the order without paying. I've shot email back again just now and am awaiting a reply.

My suggestion for Aussie buyers is not to proceed with any orders without first getting in contact and having direct email correspondence first. I'll keep you all posted on how I get on.

Just another update. I was advised a couple of days ago to process through AliExpress and choose "other payment" as an option. However the screenshot with instructions given showed numerous payment options available, but those same payment options for Australian customers were not available. Only Paypal and C/Card were available as options to me, and "other options" were not.

I'm not sure if this is an AliExpress issue, or whether it's their "Online Shop" options for Australian buyers at this time. I've requested clarification on how to proceed but have not heard back in the last 48hrs yet. (Another email sent just now to follow up). I suspect that I may be dealing with someone in the USA and the election may be delaying them from responding?

Hopefully through all this we'll manage to pave a clear pathway for you and other Austrlaian's moving forward to have a simple arrangement for ordering.

I have been advised via email (05 Nov 20) from VKB Sales that their AliExpress shop is "fixed" for Aussie buyers... But I haven't tried to purchase yet.

Thanks for the update Joe. My concern is that I've sent two emails. It's Friday today. I sent one on Monday and a follow-up on Wednesday and have not received a response from either.

Do I take the risk and try and order via Ali Express again without being able to get communication response if something goes wrong or it's not processed again, or do I wait to see what happens?

I've got no idea if their office is in the USA / affected by the riot's, or if there are other pressures they're under at the moment. Either way - I've been given instructions on what to do (which I can't follow), and I can't get any further instructions at the moment - so it's probably not best for me to go ahead with the order.

I just tried again on Ali-express. No additional payment options such as 'Other options' - however the price has increased more than $16USD from when I last checked when taking into account freight again now. :(

I've sent two emails. It's Friday today. I sent one on Monday and a follow-up on Wednesday and have not received a response from either.

I will look into this. Just some bad stars alignment... no other explanation. But I'll take care. Pls ASAP PM me with your email address. No more information, as I can't directly interfere, just your email so I know what to get looked for.

I just tried again on Ali-express. No additional payment options such as 'Other options' - however the price has increased more than $16USD from when I last checked when taking into account freight again now. :(

Aussies please excuse us. We know Aliexpress sucks kangaroo balls but at the moment little we can do. Please talk directly to sales (they normally work fine). We're working on dealership since some time ago, and if not the virus you'd have your very own dealer already. So please write to the sales directly.

>

AeroGator

Please talk directly to sales (they normally work fine). We're working on dealership since some time ago, and if not the virus you'd have your very own dealer already. So please write to the sales directly.

Great to hear you're working on a dealership in Aus. :)

Just FYI - I started dealing with sales directly, which I was told to use a payment method of 'other' on AliExpress that's not available to us. I replied I believe last Monday saying such but have not received a response. (I sent a follow up email on Wednesday with still no response).

Are you saying we should just go ahead with AliExpress regardless and try again? (I just looking for some sort of confirmation to know that I won't have repeat of last time or other mistake causing cancellations because - I lose money even with the refund). I was happy to give this another try until the email correspondence stopped again.

Not trying to bust anyone's balls (especially kangaroo's - that's putting your life in your hands if you try that ;) ) - but just looking for some clear direction on how to proceed since email correspondence seems to have broken down.

Are you saying.....

Nope all I am saying is please keep talking to the sales team (of which I am not a part) - they might miss something out, or have a momentary overload, or stalled due to language problem, or whatever - but they are there to help, and they normally do.

I will talk to them, but as a hint, make your messages to them _obviously_ sticking out. Like, begin the subj line with clear "AUS" word in caps. They will immediately know what it's about and at least won't let it sink.

>

AeroGator