Can a Hunvee AI Send me waypoints in A-10C halfway through mission?

Hello I am trying to create a mission where I have An A-10c giving air support to ground troops and halfway though the mission the ground troops see some enemy locations and radio that location to me in the form of a waypoint. Is this possible?

Not as a waypoint. You can either use a JTAC and "FAC attack group" or you could use Message to (group/coalition/All) or Radio message to send coordinates that the pilot can enter into a new waypoint on the CDU.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I thought JTAC could send by Link 16 target coordinates directly to A-10 SA display.

They can, but only if they have FAC - Attack Group in their waypoint, and they have line of sight to the target, and you go through the JTAC checkin radio back and forth. With a little luck, it’ll give you the target icon.

Let’s just say it’s a bit of a ways from optimal.

If it's anything like the old A-10 interaction you would only get DL tasking points from JTACs that are EPLRS capable and have a LOS to the target. Not every unit does EPLRS and not every unit can upload DL tasking.

I am not sure, but I assumed the question was specifically for a waypoint, not a target mark (like the hookable TAD symbol).

Maybe a bit more background info on the reason/what you want to achieve can help?

For example there is a trigger action in the Mission Editor to put a "mark" (circle) on the F10 map including a description, as well.

That would be useful if you want a new "waypoint" as IP/ holding, or a reference, etc. as it doesn't require a unit/group/target.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I am not sure, but I assumed the question was specifically for a waypoint, not a target mark (like the hookable TAD symbol).

Maybe a bit more background info on the reason/what you want to achieve can help?

For example there is a trigger action in the Mission Editor to put a "mark" (circle) on the F10 map including a description, as well.

That would be useful if you want a new "waypoint" as IP/ holding, or a reference, etc. as it doesn't require a unit/group/target.

Actually a Hookable attack point is what I wanted. I wanted the ground troops to radio in new targets . Im not huge on manually entering waypoints for my mission. I think it would be nice for somone playing the mission to get new attack k points on the fly to help out ground forces

Actually a Hookable attack point is what I wanted. I wanted the ground troops to radio in new targets . Im not huge on manually entering waypoints for my mission. I think it would be nice for somone playing the mission to get new attack k points on the fly to help out ground forces

Ok. Then you can use a Humvee, select either FAC and the AI will prioritize threats as they get in their line of sight and decide autonomous on how to mark, what weapon to request etc., or you add a Task FAC - attack group, where you have dedicated control over target, mark and weapon. Keep in mind to check the Datalink box. That should provide the target mark to the A-10C on the TAD.

The other important point is line of sight/distance. To have the JTAC "know" the target position, even without seeing it you can check the visible option. This does NOT provide magical LOS, more like a relayed position info. The JTAC still needs working LOS and distance to lase or mark the target with the IR pointer.

Shagrat