TGP reset location to look

Limaro

Hi,

IIRC the TGP "resetted" to look forward again, when pressing China Hat Aft short. Now, the Laser search is starting. How can I let the tgp look into default direction again?

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

That's the way China Hat aft is supposed to work, and not TGP boresight.

There is supposed to be a B-S button on one of the OSB's on whichever MFD has the TGP, which does bring the TGP back to boresight. I think we'll get it in the next beta update.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Hi,

IIRC the TGP "resetted" to look forward again, when pressing China Hat Aft short. Now, the Laser search is starting. How can I let the tgp look into default direction again?

Currently, you either need to return the TGP to STBY, then back to AG/AA mode. Alternatively you can go directly to AA mode and then back to AG mode if you would rather not cycle to STBY.

There is another way that is better, in my opinion and from trying both in combat AO's.

HMCS SOI, make sure TDC is caged for HMCS, DMSRL. Now the TGP is looking where you just were (most likely at a target).

You can also have the HUD as SOI, ensure the TDC is set to the velocity vector (done by CHAS), TMSFL, CHFL to slave TGP and other sensors to it (which would be at the velocity vector). When they implement the B/S option via OSB - you can have another option. But the previous method of returning the TGP to bore sight was incorrect for real world operation.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

And as advertised - if you haven't seen the newest video from Wags for the incoming updates - your B/S OSB button will arrive with the next update (scheduled for the 5th):

1:05 into the video

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

oh wow, thats a funny timing. thanks.:thumbup:

Side note and maybe question to ED: I am wonderung how the decision are made to make this behaviour switching from one function to another. Particulary because there is a real plane with a real "how it works" as template.

I am wonderung how the decision are made to make this behaviour switching from one function to another. Particulary because there is a real plane with a real "how it works" as template.

Exactly what you said - previous functions were NOT as in real plane. Changes have been made after comments from real A-10C pilots.

Here's an example:

A better question would be why it was wrong in the first place. It's not like they couldn't have consulted the SMEs back when they made the first A-10.

that was the one I tried to point out :smartass:

A-10C is the oldest module (or second oldest) in the game. It has over 10 years old. Now ED is recognized developer making software for military and have access to sources. I guess back then situation was rather different. And now with latest upgrade they're correcting that.

Things do change on airplanes so maybe the functionality of the china hat has changed as well in all those years and it was never actually wrong in the first place for the model we always flew.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

A-10C is the oldest module (or second oldest) in the game. It has over 10 years old. Now ED is recognized developer making software for military and have access to sources. I guess back then situation was rather different. And now with latest upgrade they're correcting that.

The first A-10C was also made for the military.

Older suits did not have the function on the TGP display, that's why it also wasn't part of the original. Only when the HOTAS remap happened in newer suits, the function was introduced.

Most RL videos you find of the TGP screen, do not have the B-S function in there. (I only found 1, and most newer videos have all the buttons grayed out.)

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro