Quest 2 DCS VR

Viciam1

7 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Yup, this happened to me on link cable. Really crazy odd. The black squares were growing even in pause mode. I had many of them growing and fading until one engulfed my entire left eye. Just quit the mission, not had it since. I've not reported it, probably should do.

Well, i just did it:

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Is anybody experiencing heavy stutters after long play in multiplayer using Link? I was hoping that with 2.7 and/or V28 will go away but I had it again yesterday 🙁

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

I use for test the Mission
Mission qualification supercarrier cold start Persian gulf on the menu f18.
When the First f18 in front of me takeoff and i see to It this become blurry immediately and i have texture set to High.
My f18 and my mfds Is All clear super graphic but not for the other aircradt in the air. What i must change the PD?

Inviato dal mio motorola one macro utilizzando Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lorenzo.D said:

When the First f18 in front of me takeoff and i see to It this become blurry immediately and i have texture set to High.
My f18 and my mfds Is All clear super graphic but not for the other aircradt in the air. What i must change the PD?

Erm, you might be talking about when they takeoff you see a blurry/ghosting. This is the reprojection at work, nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. You can try lowering all your settings to the absolute minimum, as you will need the full minimum of 72fps to not see that. But then everything else will look a bit rubbish all the time. 

Edited by Hoirtel

On 4/27/2021 at 12:58 PM, Lorenzo.D said:

On Oculus tray tool there Is set default pixel density for game that don t have pixel density option so if you use pd1 on dcs and 1.1 on debug tool i think you have 1 PD. Sorry for My bad english.

So the slider on the Oculus link software Is not the PD and must go all ti the right?

If you move all the way to the right 1.7 @ 90mhz you will see sharp images in cockpit . Even with DCS P.D. 1.0 

On 4/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, diamond26 said:

Is anybody experiencing heavy stutters after long play in multiplayer using Link? I was hoping that with 2.7 and/or V28 will go away but I had it again yesterday 🙁

What is the battery percent % 

17 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

What are your VR settings and DCS-VR   .... P.D. set at 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

2 minutes ago, KoN said:

If you move all the way to the right 1.7 @ 90mhz you will see sharp images in cockpit . Even with DCS P.D. 1.0 

Yes, but that's very heavy on performance. I only use 80hz at the same resolution (marked as 1.6 for me I think). I find 72hz I can see slight strobing and makes my eyes tired much quicker otherwise I would use this instead.

57 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Yes, but that's very heavy on performance. I only use 80hz at the same resolution (marked as 1.6 for me I think). I find 72hz I can see slight strobing and makes my eyes tired much quicker otherwise I would use this instead.

Yes I've tried 80hz also . I tend to run at 72hz as DCS wont meet 90fps . AWS is set too off , but I'm still testing only in single player thou . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

What are your VR settings and DCS-VR   .... P.D. set at 
Change change change all aspect the result Is the Same.max PD i can use Is 1.3 msaa off
72 hZ all the slider to the right anisotropic filter 8x other options Is Low or similar to Low vr setting apart of texture ti High e view distanze ti High.
Asw off.today i Will try ti mi change bitrate on ott.
also you have this problem on that Mission?

5 hours ago, KoN said:

What is the battery percent % 

Usually it’s not below 70 and the incident is after 50-60 min on a multiplayer setup.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

2 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

Usually it’s not below 70 and the incident is after 50-60 min on a multiplayer setup.

So battery id good . As when it starts getting low you get lots of lag and flashing plus warnings its self 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

2 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

Change change change all aspect the result Is the Same.max PD i can use Is 1.3 msaa off
72 hZ all the slider to the right anisotropic filter 8x other options Is Low or similar to Low vr setting apart of texture ti High e view distanze ti High.
Asw off.today i Will try ti mi change bitrate on ott.
also you have this problem on that Mission?

View distance makes a big difference to performance.

today i monitoring my pc hardware performance. on the mission qualification supercarrier cold start caucaso
.in this mission i have 18 fps but i don't have  maximum use of cpu gpu ram and vram.
supersampling1.2 pd from dcs 1
why the fps don't raise if i have more gpu cpu e ram to offer? thanks
the option in dcs are the defoult vr the asw is disabled from ott
237194798_monitoraggiorisorsedcs.thumb.jpg.fff64443c1ef941c6bc7ae01ee3b28fe.jpg

Don't know if anyone here has tried airlink with DCS yet. I was very impressed. Few clicks to enable and it ran exactly the same as link for me using my standard ISP router. Couldn't believe it. I never tried VD as I was sure that my router wasn't good enough. Having said how good it is I don't think I will use link in the long term only due to the battery drain, which will be quicker than using the quest 2 as a standalone headset. Pretty good though, I use a wireless headset so I was totally free. I may use it again if I do heavy a BFM session. That will be amazing. 

• 1 month later...

My Quest 2 recently updated to v 29. Subsequently I experienced constant blue screen WHEA uncorrectable errors every time I entered DCS gameplay.

After many hours frustrating troubleshooting I did a factory reset of my Quest 2. It appears to have cured the problem.

If I have issues with this in future, it'll be the first thing I try.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, Lorenzo.D said:

today i monitoring my pc hardware performance. on the mission qualification supercarrier cold start caucaso
.in this mission i have 18 fps but i don't have  maximum use of cpu gpu ram and vram.
supersampling1.2 pd from dcs 1
why the fps don't raise if i have more gpu cpu e ram to offer? thanks
the option in dcs are the defoult vr the asw is disabled from ott
237194798_monitoraggiorisorsedcs.thumb.jpg.fff64443c1ef941c6bc7ae01ee3b28fe.jpg

You might find that your overall CPU use is low, but the main thread is maxed so that's why it looks like you have room to spare. You need to look at individual core use.

Anyone has managed to disable antialising from Oculus settings? When i had CV1 i could diable it but with Quest 2 i cant, it made the screen more blurry on CV1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

On 4/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, diamond26 said:

Possible memory build up , Lots of problems in multiplayer . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 6/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, 5ephir0th said:

Anyone has managed to disable antialising from Oculus settings? When i had CV1 i could diable it but with Quest 2 i cant, it made the screen more blurry on CV1

That setting is in settings in the headset when linked to desktop, but I believe that it's only for the Desktop GUI, not anything that renders directly like a game.

image.png

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Lorenzo.D said:

I think Loren is  saying that the out side world is blurry and so are  objects targets and airframes ,  but cockpit is clear and sharp .

I have the same problem . If it is a problem . I'm running at 90Hz now 1.3 in oculus software v29. 

Edited by KoN

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 5/4/2021 at 7:31 AM, Hoirtel said:

Don't know if anyone here has tried airlink with DCS yet. I was very impressed. Few clicks to enable and it ran exactly the same as link for me using my standard ISP router. Couldn't believe it. I never tried VD as I was sure that my router wasn't good enough. Having said how good it is I don't think I will use link in the long term only due to the battery drain, which will be quicker than using the quest 2 as a standalone headset. Pretty good though, I use a wireless headset so I was totally free. I may use it again if I do heavy a BFM session. That will be amazing. 

I might look into this a new update is coming too V30 . This also uses Air link up dates . . 

Ill have to track down some YouTube videos . 

5 hours ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

That setting is in settings in the headset when linked to desktop, but I believe that it's only for the Desktop GUI, not anything that renders directly like a game.

image.png

Has anyone tested this . Running in DCS .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 1 month later...

Anyone here running DCS with Quest 2 and an AMD GPU expecially 6900xt?

Got my 6900xt a couple of weeks ago and yes it increased the quality alot but this should be easy against my old 1070 (nonti).

But I really thought about a more better result than I get now.

My specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Ryzen 5 3600

32 GB 3200MHz RAM

Samsung M2 evo 970

AMD Rx6900xt

Using my Oculus via Link Cable and DCS via Oculus Link -> Steam VR

OTT-Settings:

Resolution: 3696 (dont know right now but the highest available)

Bitrate: 500

Distortion Curve: High

PD: 1.0

ASW: Still playing with it if I like it to 45 or off

Oculus Link Settings:

90Hz

SS: 1.0

Steam VR Settings:

Supersampling per eye: something arround 2800*2800

rest: untouched

DCS Settings:

Details: High

Shadows: std

Water: medium

MSAA x4 (I hate thos stairs effect)

Visibly Range: High

Trees: Max

Trees Details: lowest

Heat Blur and Lense Stuff Off

Screens to 512

I have a nice optic I guess but I get only arround 36-40 FPS (F18) at Carrier and 45-55 in the air (F14 a litte less). Lowprofile Flight ist like 45 but looking to the sides I can not really spot any ground vehicle because its everything like "doubled" .

Any ideas? I think my CPU is not the best for this unoptimized Simulation but befor I replace this,I want to get the most out of what I got so far.

Are there any people can share some nice AMD Driver settings? All I got so far from this thread are ppl using Nvidia Cards.

What I managed to figure out so far regarding AMD Drivers was the minimum frequenzy.

Min: 2000 (stock 500)

Max 2500 (stock 2500)

This was a first eye opener But thats my current status.

Would really like to exchange some ideas with other people running same or similar system.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Robin

Edited by RoboHackfeld

1 hour ago, RoboHackfeld said:

Anyone here running DCS with Quest 2 and an AMD GPU expecially 6900xt?

Got my 6900xt a couple of weeks ago and yes it increased the quality alot but this should be easy against my old 1070 (nonti).

But I really thought about a more better result than I get now.

My specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Ryzen 5 3600

32 GB 3200MHz RAM

Samsung M2 evo 970

AMD Rx6900xt

Using my Oculus via Link Cable and DCS via Oculus Link -> Steam VR

OTT-Settings:

Resolution: 3696 (dont know right now but the highest available)

Bitrate: 500

Distortion Curve: High

ASW: Still playing with it if I like it to 45 or off

Oculus Link Settings:

90Hz

SS: 1.0

Steam VR Settings:

Supersampling per eye: something arround 2800*2800

rest: untouched

DCS Settings:

Details: High

Shadows: std

Water: medium

MSAA x4 (I hate thos stairs effect)

Visibly Range: High

Trees: Max

Trees Details: lowest

Heat Blur and Lense Stuff Off

Screens to 512

I have a nice optic I guess but I get only arround 36-40 FPS (F18) at Carrier and 45-55 in the air (F14 a litte less). Lowprofile Flight ist like 45 but looking to the sides I can not really spot any ground vehicle because its everything like "doubled" .

Any ideas? I think my CPU is not the best for this unoptimized Simulation but befor I replace this,I want to get the most out of what I got so far.

Are there any people can share some nice AMD Driver settings? All I got so far from this thread are ppl using Nvidia Cards.

What I managed to figure out so far regarding AMD Drivers was the minimum frequenzy.

Min: 2000 (stock 500)

Max 2500 (stock 2500)

This was a first eye opener But thats my current status.

Would really like to exchange some ideas with other people running same or similar system.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Robin

I'm afraid I have no experience with any AMD cards, I do have some experience with the quest 2 and I can see a few points that might help.

• I don't think you need to use steam VR. Definitely not for stand alone DCS, and I'm sure steam DCS is the same. DCS actually supports oculus natively and so you should avoid adding more programs in the chain if you don't need to.
  • Oculus debug tool - with the last few updates I now leave bitrate and width at 0. Oculus is now able to manage these on its own. If you do use bitrate then 350 is more than enough and width will still be best automatically.
  • Oculus debug tool - distortion curve high is more distorted than low. Although this probably will allow a little extra performance.
  • Oculus graphics in oculus app - Try setting at 80hz? This allows slightly higher frame time while allowing smooth. I don't see a difference from 90. 72 is too flickery for me but this will be even easier still
  • Oculus graphics in oculus app - I have a high end gpu so I set the res slider all the way to the right you should too. Makes a huge difference but don't add any PD or SS anywhere else!
  • DCS Settings - MSAAx4 this is a very heavy setting. I too don't like the jaggies and this really does remove them but at the cost of lots of fps and it also reduces general sharpness slightly.

Also something(s) to try. I select 0.9 for FOV on both vertical and horizontal which I barely notice but does improve performance a little.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Hoirtel

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Hoirtel:

I'm afraid I have no experience with any AMD cards, I do have some experience with the quest 2 and I can see a few points that might help.

• I don't think you need to use steam VR. Definitely not for stand alone DCS, and I'm sure steam DCS is the same. DCS actually supports oculus natively and so you should avoid adding more programs in the chain if you don't need to.
  • Oculus debug tool - with the last few updates I now leave bitrate and width at 0. Oculus is now able to manage these on its own. If you do use bitrate then 350 is more than enough and width will still be best automatically.
  • Oculus debug tool - distortion curve high is more distorted than low. Although this probably will allow a little extra performance.
  • Oculus graphics in oculus app - Try setting at 80hz? This allows slightly higher frame time while allowing smooth. I don't see a difference from 90. 72 is too flickery for me but this will be even easier still
  • Oculus graphics in oculus app - I have a high end gpu so I set the res slider all the way to the right you should too. Makes a huge difference but don't add any PD or SS anywhere else!
  • DCS Settings - MSAAx4 this is a very heavy setting. I too don't like the jaggies and this really does remove them but at the cost of lots of fps and it also reduces general sharpness slightly.

Also something(s) to try. I select 0.9 for FOV on both vertical and horizontal which I barely notice but does improve performance a little.

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot for this ideas.

I will give it a try to run DCS only via the Oculus Link App. Before I got the AMD GPU I tried it alot but the look without the Steam SS was all the way not good. I will try this with raising the SS via the OCulus Link App. Distortion and Bit Rate I will also try to adjust like you've said.

Thanks alot I will let ypou know if this works out.