DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

We keep hearing mixed things on the MiG-29 depending on the source. In October we heard it was just in planning. In December and Jan we heard that it was getting developed a bit sooner (since Black shark 3 wasn't happening) but nothing since then, and recently Nineline said that it's still just in planning....

2 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

We keep hearing mixed things on the MiG-29 depending on the source. In October we heard it was just in planning. In December and Jan we heard that it was getting developed a bit sooner (since Black shark 3 wasn't happening) but nothing since then, and recently Nineline said that it's still just in planning....

I don't like those thing from ED, they sometimes counter-answer themselves without need to do so. Just need to be transparent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, CrazyGman said:

Well it turned out that Blackshark 3 is happening after all. So its not a surprise they'd delay properly starting on the 29 a bit until after its finished. 

At least we got a bit of love with the 2,7 patch such as waypoints and better dampers. 

Also the fact BS3 is happening bodes well, since if its ok by the Russian military/government to publish it they might be inclined to ok more and better MiG-29 versions. Maybe even the original MiG-29K itself? I wish at least.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SharkWizard said:

Well it turned out that Blackshark 3 is happening after all. So its not a surprise they'd delay properly starting on the 29 a bit until after its finished. 

At least we got a bit of love with the 2,7 patch such as waypoints and better dampers. 

Also the fact BS3 is happening bodes well, since if its ok by the Russian military/government to publish it they might be inclined to ok more and better MiG-29 versions. Maybe even the original MiG-29K itself? I wish at least.

Dare to dream brother dare to dream.

• Like 6

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, SharkWizard said:

Also the fact BS3 is happening bodes well, since if its ok by the Russian military/government to publish it they might be inclined to ok more and better MiG-29 versions. Maybe even the original MiG-29K itself?

I am rotorhead and I was very positively surprised about the BS3 upgrade. However when it goes to fixed winged aircraft I love the fly the Hog, Harrier and the Mig-29. I hope for a Mig-29 full fidelity module too, however I have learned a long time ago, not to have too big expectations. What I mean by that is, I prefer to be pleasantly surprised by getting something that exceeded my expectations.

All in all, there seems to be quite a bit going on, so a nice surprise might be possible.

So with the BS3 arriving hopefully this summer, looks like development of Fulcrum will begin this year.

I saw this nice shot @ reddit and thought it would fit in here nicely

32f4104.jpg

• Like 4

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Just how cool would be all that clutter with our FF MiG-29A module?

Tetris.jpg

• Like 8

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Mig-29A will be great, even with all its shortcoming and limitations in terms of combat. Hopefully we can get some version of a lazur datalink, which would make it way more capable.

I've been flying the FC3 one a fair amount, and tbh I think people underrate it. Sure it doesn't have all the fancy stuff, but it is still pretty capable in older scenarios. 

• Like 6

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

I've been flying the FC3 one a fair amount, and tbh I think people underrate it. Sure it doesn't have all the fancy stuff, but it is still pretty capable in older scenarios. 

FC3 is no comparison. Overly simplified.

• Like 2

Is this sure? Is ED going to make full fidelity MiG-29 9.12 like Tomcat, Mirage or Hornet? Or this is some community speculation?

When 9.12 came into service it was the last time fighter pilots were Chads using their skill to chase each other and maneuver in close combat to kill. Instead of being an extension of close to omnipotent electronics and long range guided missiles.

Day one buy for me if that's true!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kseremak said:

Is this sure? Is ED going to make full fidelity MiG-29 9.12 like Tomcat, Mirage or Hornet? Or this is some community speculation?

When 9.12 came into service it was the last time fighter pilots were Chads using their skill to chase each other and maneuver in close combat to kill. Instead of being an extension of close to omnipotent electronics and long range guided missiles.

Day one buy for me if that's true!

It is in plans, the information was that works on this jet will start once BS3 is released. Full fidelity to the highest standard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, Gierasimov said:

Just how cool would be all that clutter with our FF MiG-29A module?

Tetris.jpg

Extremely!

I would love to get some weapon pallets/trailers/whatever they're called and then be able to change what weapon they're carrying.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:30 PM, Skysurfer said:

No it's not "overly" simplified. It is probably the very best MiG-29 available for the pc. It needs more cockpit interaction and some systems modeling. But it is my favorite aircraft. I own practically all the modules btw. I come from many hours flying the F14 and Hornet in DCS. I prefer the MiG-29. And FC3 Su25 and MiG29 can hold their own against many third party modules in terms of fidelity of flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, Skysurfer said:

I mean its not FF in terms of Digital Cockpit Simulator. But in terms of FM its decent, and well simplified sensor modeling is a problem for almost all of the FF modules anyway in one way or another. If you think the F16 radar is "realistic" for example, I have news for you. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean its not FF in terms of Digital Cockpit Simulator. But in terms of FM its decent, and well simplified sensor modeling is a problem for almost all of the FF modules anyway in one way or another. If you think the F16 radar is "realistic" for example, I have news for you. 

I'm sure once the ED 29A releases it'll be an eye-opening experience for you all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skysurfer said:

I'm sure once the ED 29A releases it'll be an eye-opening experience for you all. 

Are you mostly talking about navigation systems? Flight model wise I don't expect much to change (maybe even more damper improvements) and sensor behavior wise only RWR is expected to be made from the ground up, everything else in my opinion will be much better and even simpler to use with FF than it is now. Not to mention all the fun stuff that FF brings like emergency procedures, people will start to appreciate how redundant MiG-29 really is, except radar of course that thing was quite unreliable in first versions.

Sensors are as said by @Harlikwin very simplified on every aircraft and I don't expect much change in radar behavior. Even SPO-15 which IRL is a hit or miss depending on revision will probably be simulated how it's supposed to work, like it's done on every aircraft so far (basically all RWRs are too good in the sim currently) and with complete revamp and added features of real SPO-15 it will be much more powerful in terms of situational awareness.

But I agree that FF MiG-29A will be an eye opening but in a good way, people that liked it as FC3 are about to like it even more 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

I have fairly modest expectations of it, I know how the radar works, knobs and all, and have realistic expectations of the IRST. Same for knowing how "hi-tech" the Nav systems are. That being said, I'm looking forward to it, and really, in the context of its day say compared to an early bloc F16A the mig was pretty comparable. Obviously you can't compare it to a 2005 Era Block 50 viper, thats just silly. 

We have all ready the 

MiG-29A

MiG-29G

MiG-29S

I prefer they do the MiG-29SMT, there is no secret with this plane, and It will be interesting to have a more modern "RED" aircrafts..

mig29smt_1505390741.jpg

• Like 2

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In case they end in a Mig-29A. It is still a dangerous machine. If you set two ER and doing override to that missile even when the radar computing is not for that longer range missile, you still have the real option to calculate manually the launch. Hey... you gonna kill the best fighters with the help of EWR or AWACS for real. (Without counting the on steroids Aim-54...) 

Now... without ECM is a really downside. But as long ED keep the current kindergarten ECM level, then the 29 9.12 is still on fight. 

IRL Belorussian and Russians made a really interesting ECM pod rail for 9.12 but I don’t expect this add in DCS.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

In case they end in a Mig-29A. It is still a dangerous machine. If you set two ER and doing override to that missile even when the radar computing is not for that longer range missile, you still have the real option to calculate manually the launch. Hey... you gonna kill the best fighters with the help of EWR or AWACS for real. (Without counting the on steroids Aim-54...) 

Now... without ECM is a really downside. But as long ED keep the current kindergarten ECM level, then the 29 9.12 is still on fight. 

IRL Belorussian and Russians made a really interesting ECM pod rail for 9.12 but I don’t expect this add in DCS.

The 9.12 can't fire ER or T/ET. 

On 5/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, Satarosa said:

I prefer they do the MiG-29SMT, there is no secret with this plane, and It will be interesting to have a more modern "RED" aircrafts..

I'm sure if there is no secret with this plane you can provide ED with all the needed documentation and manuals. 😉 

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

The 9.12 can't fire ER or T/ET. 

I'm sure if there is no secret with this plane you can provide ED with all the needed documentation and manuals. 😉 

I work at the high command ************ in direct relation with the whole NATO coalition and various factions and allies and grouping ..

In my job I am specialized in what is classified or not! And we have to distinguish military secrecy from commercial secrecy ...

It should be understood that there is a big difference between modeling an airplane for a simulation game with its performances known by all OR building it in "real" with the specific classified materials, the on-board calculation systems and the technology inside etc. ..

I rather think that there is a lack of commercial attractiveness and of the will to make us certain planes in DCS WORLD..

• Like 1

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]